How to do Eyelids on Headlights?

JBRoss

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've searched the forum and I couldnt find anything on this. What would be the best way to do eyelids? Would painting be best or do they make covers for them? I didnt know the picture would be that huge...

NqKZk.jpg

Huge picture!!!! Thats crazy that you did a search and you found nothing......:rolleyes:

the best way would be to get a set of eyelids and have them painted,

the second best way would be to paint them on,

the third way would be to use a bit of vinyl.

the best way would be to get a set of eyelids and have them painted,

the second best way would be to paint them on,

the third way would be to use a bit of vinyl.

Is painting them on hard at all?

They sell them for the ls, just buy a set anf have them painted

If you don't want to pay that much from LSK, PM me, I have a set of chrome ones (you can paint them if you want) that I bought from there that I don't plan on using. I'm sure we can work out a deal.

nope. mine are painted on and its fairly simple to do, mainly because i just followed the line of the headlight lol

Sry to ask so many questions. But is there any kind of spray paint to use in particular? Or is Black Krylon just fine?

id go with duplicolor. krylon isnt as good a match imo as duplicolor is. idk if u can see it in any of my pics, but my waterfall part of the grille doesnt match the top part, the bars arent as black as the other parts i painted with the duplicolor

Sry to ask so many questions. But is there any kind of spray paint to use in particular? Or is Black Krylon just fine?

get the color that matches your paint, if close enough is good enough for you, then use whatever is "close"

If your ls is black then it's pretty easy to match, but if it's not, I would order a spray can with your color of paint from paintscratch.com or similar to get a good matched paint job.

If your ls is black then it's pretty easy to match, but if it's not, I would order a spray can with your color of paint from paintscratch.com or similar to get a good matched paint job.

Yeah. My LS is black so it shouldnt be too hard to match it.

I have the ones from LSK already came black but the look brown next to my hood, not too good of a match. I would suggest having them painted.

i've also heard a lot, that it fades bad, and should always be painted.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought it better than starting a new one...

I have a couple of questions regarding eyelids:

1. Since the lsk website is a scam, where is the best place to purchase eyelids for a second gen?
2. Does anyone here have an off-white (dealer calls my color Cashmere) LS with eyelids? If so can you post pics of it? I'm not sure how good it will look with the black rubber weatherstrip between the hood and the lid.

Thanks!

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought it better than starting a new one...

I have a couple of questions regarding eyelids:

1. Since the lsk website is a scam, where is the best place to purchase eyelids for a second gen?
2. Does anyone here have an off-white (dealer calls my color Cashmere) LS with eyelids? If so can you post pics of it? I'm not sure how good it will look with the black rubber weatherstrip between the hood and the lid.

Thanks!

Try checking out pektel's car... Might not be the same white, but should give you a good idea. You can also search for more of his photos for better pics

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1829

My inspiration. i think it is pektel's car. I found the pic on google images a couple months ago.

ls1_resize.gif

here's mine. I have work to do.
The color is Ivory Parchment
Code = HC

2012-10-16_13-20-28_876.gif

I haven't found eyelids for less than $85. So i'll wait and work on other things for now.

Paint them on, don't even mess around with stick on, they'll take flight off on the interstate at highway speed.

LS FRONT SHOT.jpg

I might do it when i color match my chrome. Just nervous because its permanent

JB Ross & PMJJ,

really great pics of yours LS's.

OK thanks for the input everyone, PMJJ, I think I would like to do the same thing as you did, minus the color matched grill slats, my car doesn't have chrome bumper strips so it's just the grill that needs to be painted. As far as the eyelids, that's exactly the look I want, it looks very clean and I'm surprised the rubber weatherstrip doesn't stick out more between the lights and the hood. The grill on the car Luk3 posted is pretty sweet too, is that the "McLaren" grill I've heard about?

PMJJ, since you painted yours on, did you do it yourself or have it done professionally? If you did it yourself, where did you source your paint from and how difficult was it on a scale of 1-10 (keep in mind I used to be a Ford heavy line tech so I'm pretty mechanically inclined). I just wet-sanded, polished and plastic-x polished my lenses so they are ready to be painted as soon as I'm comfortable with the process.

Thanks again for the advice everyone.

Members online

No members online now.
Back