Gen 2 Seat filter part number

REDBED

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
In case anybody needs them
Filter 150596
PN#3W4Z-19E880-A
$8.53
Changed mine after 5 years seems to help quite a bit.

That is good to know, so far I just blow them out with canned air once a year.

That is good to know, so far I just blow them out with canned air once a year.

Not good enough. You will definitely notice a difference with new ones. I replace mine (I have the seats on auto) every year 12-15K miles.

OK I guess I'm ignorant but what is a seat filter? I know of the cabin filter but never heard of the seat filter....

2nd gen with heated and cooled front seats; small fan that blows air up through the perf leather seats, and seat backs. There is a round filter under the seat at the inlet to the fan.

Hmmm..I figured it had something to do with that. I'll probably check mine today since my cooled seats don't get very cool. I'm assuming I set the seat to the front as far as possible. Is it pretty obvious if I look around under there?

Hi LS4ME Its a vast dif with the new filters. Seats really cool down nice like they used to when car was new.

The owners manual suggest you move the seat all the back but I found it easer to move the seat all the way forward to get at them from the back seat foot well. Once you have taken them out once and put them back you can do it by feel, the round filter cover twist out and in, very easy, and having clean filters do make a difference in the cooling feature.

So I checked it out and mine look pretty dirty-probably why not much air blows through my seats.... Can I pick these up at an Autozone or only from a dealer?

Haha - yea I saw that and no offense to NYC, but I live about 2 minutes from an Autozone and if they carry them it would be easier than getting em shipped to me.

Where are they located and how do you remove them?

The owners manual suggest you move the seat all the back but I found it easer to move the seat all the way forward to get at them from the back seat foot well. Once you have taken them out once and put them back you can do it by feel, the round filter cover twist out and in, very easy, and having clean filters do make a difference in the cooling feature.

:cool:

I just found and checked mine... they look perfect.
Completely white and very clean.

My car is four years old and doubt they were ever changed.
Would they look dirty if they need to be changed out?

I just found and checked mine... they look perfect.
Completely white and very clean.

My car is four years old and doubt they were ever changed.
Would they look dirty if they need to be changed out?

Good for you., I think youll find that the heating and cooling of your seats will degrade over time and stress the the blower fan. Like an Ls owner needs another problem? I have an 04 and everytime I change a filter or do a service I think it runs a little better. I love taking this car to NYC. or A.C. after its all cleaned up. Still turns heads. Good Luck

+1; anyone know?

Not I. I just buy several from Max every few years.
It seems like an unlikely part for Autozone to have, but it would be easy enough to call and ask them.

Again, just use can air and blow from them inside to out side then rinse them under water from the inside to the outside(opposite from their normal air flow) or just run water through them. Just did mine last week, like new, they are not a thick/dense filter like air intake filter.

In case anybody needs them
Filter 150596
PN#3W4Z-19E880-A
$8.53
Changed mine after 5 years seems to help quite a bit.

Talk about resurrecting an old thread...

Where did you get this fantastic price. I tried using compressed air to clean the old filters to no avail. I did wash them and that helped considerably but I fear some (if not a lot) of the "fabric" came off the filter. The best price I'm seeing is around $13 per and I really wanted to get 8 of them (2 '06 LSes).

They're $14.14 each on Ford Parts Giant.

$12.36 from Tasca.

$11.89 on Rockauto.

Three years ago, it's very possible they were $8 somewhere.

Members online

No members online now.
Back