yet another one

92spi

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
either misery loves company, or i can't stand success. i have purchased yet another double aught non-sport v8 ls. 156k on the odometer. tri-pearl exterior and a 4H interior. pretty good physically. this one is equipped w/advance trac. and that icon is steadily beaming front and center. car seems to run fairly well, except when you drop the shifter down into first gear, well, it acts like you are 'power-braking' the car. that is to say, the harder you step on the go-pedal, the tighter it sits. until you let off, and then the car lurches forward. it will NOT steadily move when the shifter is in first gear. when in drive, i seem to remember the car starts out in second gear due to some inane governmental regulation. so i really don't know if it has a first gear at all. car moves down the road and in reverse well, otherwise. i feel there will be no battery reconnects to fix this malady. no sir. moving on, the car has a coolant leak that manifests itself under the oil pan. no behind the drivers front wheel spot. i'm assuming the permeable degas bottle might mark its territory in this fashion. is this possible. car has a newer upper rad hose and an aluminum t-stat/fill valve installed. car does not overheat when kept topped up, despite only low speed fan function. i'm assuming fan actuator here. a/c had a hint of a charge in it, so i pumped it down, held vacuum for an hour and filled it up. little to no low speed cooling; significantly more high speed cooling; i'm assuming control valve here. now that i've filled your sunday morning reading w/yet another flaming bag of dung, any thoughts? p.s.-found a ford degas bottle online for $180 shipped. if you know of cheaper-would be appreciated. i feel i will have other parts to purchase, ha-ha. thanking you in advance.

Members online

Back