Will 2nd GEN keyless controls work on 1st GEN LSs?

LS6_5SPD

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a friend offering me 2 used keyless controls for 20 bucks. I dont know how to program them or whether they will work or not.
My car is a 2000, I lost one key along with the control so I only have 1 key and 1 control. But they messed up my door key thing trying to break into my car, so my only access to opening my car is a single control.

Does anyone know if they will work or not in my car?

I have a friend offering me 2 used keyless controls for 20 bucks. I dont know how to program them or whether they will work or not.
My car is a 2000, I lost one key along with the control so I only have 1 key and 1 control. But they messed up my door key thing trying to break into my car, so my only access to opening my car is a single control.

Does anyone know if they will work or not in my car?

I am a little confused here. All gen II LSes have a wired in keypad on the door. I assume that you are talking about a wireless peel-n-stick type keypad. I'm sure there are some made that are compatible with the gen II LS, but I doubt that any would be marketed for the gen II LS, since it already has a built in keypad. I do know that they make wireless keypads for the gen I LS.

The RF remote setup is different for gen I than gen II, remotes won't interchange.

Thanks, I did considered the offer cause, 1 new control and a used one for 20 bucks sounds like a deal but well, Im Installing an alarm system.

Members online

Back