Wheels / tires - new owner

PMS6363

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just found this site and purchased a 02 LS V8 this morning. I love the car but hate the wheels. Who makes a good wheel that will not break the bank? Pictures and prices of your aftermarket wheels would be great. Can a wider wheel fit on these cars? What are the dimensions on the wheels I am looking for? Also what tires are you running? I would need something for all weather driving since winter is coming. The car is black with black interior. It has 17" wheels now. Thanks for you input.

Parrish

That's a nice combination man, black on black. Good luck with your new LS. I have 20" D'vinci tuscanis with 245/35/20 tires, I don't know about the all season though, I am in california.

fsfsd.JPG

What size would you like to go upgrade too? Or would you like to keep 17's and just get a different style?

If I go to a taller wheel / tire combo how do you change the speedo to compensate for the change? I am looking for something not to flashy just better looking and possibly wider.

Sorry about posting back to back. I am looking at the wheels @ Classic Design concepts / Lincoln LS E alloy wheels. Has anyone dealt with them or used these wheels?

PMS6363 said:
Sorry about posting back to back. I am looking at the wheels @ Classic Design concepts / Lincoln LS E alloy wheels. Has anyone dealt with them or used these wheels?
I have a set of used CDC 18" x 8" wheels I'll sell for $500 shipped. They are in good shape. CDC doesn't sell the 18" wheels anymore.

The biggest you can get on the car and not rub, I just did this, is:

245-40-19 Front and 275-35-19 in the rear. This equates to a 19x8.5 wheel in the front and a 19x11 in the rear. To get these on the car you must use a forged three piece wheel that can be made in the exact fitment required. The choices are iForged, HRE, Zone, AZA, Savini and a couple of others. The standard $99 wheels that you may find all over the net will "fit", but they are not perfect as the offsets are not correct. iForged will build a staggered fitment setup as described for $640 a wheel. The car will look like a porsche or BMW with respect to the full tire look and correct fitment. I just ordered mine. In 5 weeks I'll post the pictures here.

Ken Motz - I was looking into something similar to this, which wheel did you pick out to have made? I dont see any 19's on there site listed for $640.

I bought the iForged "Retro" model.

19x8.5 and 19x11......threy will be SICK as hell. It will be all tire in the back, and tucked up under the fender!

FYI, all these forged wheel manufacturers set retail off whatever HRE is charging. HRE is HIGH.....but you can them down to $1000-$1100 a wheel. IForged list on these is about $800 or so. Dealer price is less than $600. Just shop around to the wheel pimps. Most of the wheel pimps are just "authorized" dealers....this means they have a cell phone! They will never see or touch the wheels, they call in the order to the OEM of the wheel and walk with $400-$600 of YOUR cash! You have to deal with them. If they can make $100 on the deal and never see the wheels or hear from you again they'll do the deal.

Vivid racing has iForged prices on their web site, they are in the low $700 range. I was able to beat that.

The AZA Platinum is the sickest wheel for this car!! But I could not get them below $800 per wheel.

Stay away from all the $500 sets of wheels that are out there. They cost $40each to make and unless you want your car to look like a mexican taco wagaon with the wheels sticking out incorrectly just bite the bullet and do it right. And stay away from the cheap 19-22 wheels, unless you live in Miami, Compton or are going for the depressed black thing or the pimp gangster look. All those "pimp" wheels will be peeling chrome in 18 months, they are made for those that cash their monthly welrfare check and need a down and dirty set of 22s for their beater.

The Savini SV4, AZA Platinum and the iForged Retro are your best bet for that high end luxo/performance look. HRE 540-549 series would be great, but the others look better actually. The AZA Platinum is insane.

Members online

Back