What's the fastest you've driven your Mark VIII?

Went 190 Km/h yesterday. First longish drive to visit an old friend and on the way back, just when we come to about 4 miles of straight dual lane smoothness not far from where I live, this fancy VW of some kind wanted to go fast. I let him come up and held at 160, about 100 mph for a few secs, then hit it. She shifts to 3rd and leaps to 185 and drops back into 4th. VW no want to play no more. ;)

A bit more tweaking and I'll wring her right out. She likes to go fast alright.

After watching The Avengers a little while ago, I still had adrenaline pumping through so I floored it to almost 140MPH. To be honest, it was actually smooth (aside from noisy driveshaft)!

It felt like it had more but had to let go. First time I've done over 110 in this car.

I get that from action movies all the time, makes it hard to fight the urge to drive home like a jackass... :D

I get that from action movies all the time, makes it hard to fight the urge to drive home like a jackass... :D

I remember one of the first Rocky movies I saw. I came out of the theater hoping someone would challenge me or get in my face! lol

What is that like 45 in miles per hour???:p:D;)

The last nation on earth stuck with the ancient measuring system. I like metric, so easy to figure and it all makes sense. The Mark VIII is metric, why not advance to the 21st century along with your fine ride? I know the little numbers are hard to see. ;)

The last nation on earth stuck with the ancient measuring system. I like metric, so easy to figure and it all makes sense. The Mark VIII is metric, why not advance to the 21st century along with your fine ride? I know the little numbers are hard to see. ;)

I live on the water and everybody talks knots with their boat speeds. I still have to translate to mph in my head.....

Guess I'm ancient...

I'm 23, I prefer what I was taught (standard). I can use metric, and it's fine for tools and smaller things, but I do not prefer liquid or speed measure in metric form. I would quickly grow accustomed if need arose, but I suppose most of us prefer what is natural to us.

Meh. I'm old school. I prefer to use what I was taught. I am fluent in metric when necessary, but when talking speed, MPH is king:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back