What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I drove mine over 40 miles once with the gauge on "E" and the computer telling me I had an empty tank and 0 miles left:)

I have driven mine for what seems like to long when it's on 0 but not when I have to sit at a traffic light crossing a Highway. When you know it has the chance to die in traffic on you blocking the lanes :shifty:

That and it said I had 67 or 69 miles left till empty and then I did a 12 mile round trip while I watched it just keep counting down 2 miles less for every block I travelled :confused:

Finally fixed my driver's side window so it goes up and down. Turned out there were two problems:

1) Had to replace the little teflon balls - bout $5 from Advanced w/discount.
2) Had to replace the up/down button since it would go up, but wouldn't go down - free from parts car.

Put little white lithium grease in the regulator and on the tracks and it flies up and down now! Whoohooooo

Got my Cooper cs-4's put on today. So far so good, no noticable wobble anymore and the ride comfort has improved. I'll give them a good drive tamara and see if my initial observations are true.

I also got a bunch compliments which made me feel good. :)

Edit: Went to set the cold psi and found out they mixed up the front wheels even after specific instructions. :rolleyes: Needless to say I switched them to the correct sides as soon as I noticed.:p

Finished installing my 93 driveshaft and while it was in the air I polished the exhaust tips and put the cobra coupe bilstiens finally got the rear back on the ground. Tomorrow ill rotate and balance the tires. Hopefully the vibration will be gone.

:confused::confused:started mine tonight relized i have an exouhst leak on drivers side sounds crappy.time to put headers on any help guys please see headers in forum thanks:shifty::shifty:

Drove to my friends house half-mile away and car felt strange and made a funky sound on the throttle. Sound was coming from the passenger rear :confused:

Get out of the car tires half flat :shifty: Come out a half hour later tires completely flat bead popped. Jacked the car up, pumped up the tire and the tire has been fine since. Trying to figure if it's a bad spot on the rim or what?

Drove to my friends house half-mile away and car felt strange and made a funky sound on the throttle. Sound was coming from the passenger rear :confused:

Get out of the car tires half flat :shifty: Come out a half hour later tires completely flat bead popped. Jacked the car up, pumped up the tire and the tire has been fine since. Trying to figure if it's a bad spot on the rim or what?

When I have a slow leak, I back down the boat ramp to get the tires in the water a bit to look for leaks. I've had several plugs in the past stuck in tires that I did right on the car after finding holes that way! lol

Also, yesterday I put a set of Bilstein shocks that came off a 2009 Toyota TRUCK on the back of the Mark. It rides AWESOME, much better than the wishy-washy way the Mark butt used to float around - it rides more like my TBird now (flat, sure-footed, stiff/sporty feeling).

Finally hit the 120,000 mark and it hasn't moved from the garage in 4 days but it will be today.

120000.jpg

This is where it was in March 8th, 2011

DSC02800.jpg

So, just under 6000 miles in 1 year and 7 months. I drive it a lot, don't I? The 94 I had was driven 19,000 miles in 5 years.

When I have a slow leak, I back down the boat ramp to get the tires in the water a bit to look for leaks. I've had several plugs in the past stuck in tires that I did right on the car after finding holes that way! lol

Also, yesterday I put a set of Bilstein shocks that came off a 2009 Toyota TRUCK on the back of the Mark. It rides AWESOME, much better than the wishy-washy way the Mark butt used to float around - it rides more like my TBird now (flat, sure-footed, stiff/sporty feeling).
I have a spray bottle with some Dawn dishwashing liquid in it that I use to spray tires when I am looking for a leak. Worked on my 44 Bogger Swampers

I would rather not back my Mark into water as driving my original 96' Mark threw a Flood killed me rear wheel bearings.

On your shock replacement on my 98's LSC it rides FIRM but then again it only had 58k when I bought so?

Just finished installing a new P/S upper ball joint boot and re-greased the heck outta the ball joint. Also found out that I have some belts showing on the inside edge of my front tiers:(

How did you regrease them? That is if you had stockers or Moog replacement UCA's?

They can all be greased, if they don't come with a grease fitting, just drill a hole and install one

How did you regrease them? That is if you had stockers or Moog replacement UCA's?

Mine are Moog and they came with grease fittings. Unfortunately, my LCA's are a different story. Moog but with no grease fittings. I'll have to drill them and install fittings before I install them. I don't like using the needle fitting for the grease gun if I can help it.

Just finished installing a new P/S upper ball joint boot and re-greased the heck outta the ball joint. Also found out that I have some belts showing on the inside edge of my front tiers:(

I've got a tire you can have REAL cheap

I put maybe 2000-3000 miles on it, and then just got a whole new matching set, cuz all of the others were bad, and I got a deal on buying 4.

Mine are Moog and they came with grease fittings. Unfortunately, my LCA's are a different story. Moog but with no grease fittings. I'll have to drill them and install fittings before I install them. I don't like using the needle fitting for the grease gun if I can help it.

Really? The ones that I have been getting or that are on my car are the non grease fitting type and I am a bit pissed that I have to instal fittings.

Really? The ones that I have been getting or that are on my car are the non grease fitting type and I am a bit pissed that I have to instal fittings.

I dunno. Guess I got lucky. I've heard that it's pretty much random. You may get a set with or without fittings. Depending on which box they pull off the shelf that day:)

I dunno. Guess I got lucky. I've heard that it's pretty much random. You may get a set with or without fittings. Depending on which box they pull off the shelf that day:)

I actually liked the Duralast UCA's as they came with grease fittings but the warranty sucked just as bad as the Moogs. 3 months ain't worth much unless it just fails from the get go.

Mine came with the fittings, but if they didn't (and I have done this before).
Fill a syringe with grease and go under the rubber and inject it! This works great! (take it easy, a syringe doesn't take grease easy).

But on the other hand.....This is what happened today.

Oh Yeah!!!

Still running, cool, smooth, and straight!!!
I love this frick'n car!!!

Speedo (1).jpg

Well I just got back from a drive to Roy Rogers in Pine Beach NJ. So that was a 75 mile drive one way :rolleyes: It's the only REAL Roy Rogers in NJ that I know of and yes it's worth the drive :D

While down there went out on friends Boat to Robert Dineros (sp) island house. Was nice day for boating.

Drove my new 97 blk on blk LSC from North Jersey to North Port Florida. The car sat for three years. Changed the oil and drove 1600 problem free miles. Air ride worked perfect! Now for a new paint job and tires that were made this decade.

Drove my new 97 blk on blk LSC from North Jersey to North Port Florida. The car sat for three years. Changed the oil and drove 1600 problem free miles. Air ride worked perfect! Now for a new paint job and tires that were made this decade.

Don't you just love it!!!!! Post some pics, please :D

Members online

Back