What a difference.

mafioso

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I got the exessive Amperage HO alternator on over the weekend, Im not sure if its a plecebo effect just the car is alot more spirited then before. all of the lights are brighter and the throttle response has been greatly improved. which now the next step is to go through the car top to bottom changing out ground straps.

Can anyone offer any insight which are critical to change out for a bigger gauge?

I know the engine, and batteries. those are already 0 awg.

My Oasis is 0 awg too.

Overall Im extremly happy with the upgrade, and I kinda like the whistle when it starts getting loaded down.

They are already 0? Mine are not, they are 4 awg. Odd.

Sorry to clarify, i have already made new cables for those.

Amazing the difference you get with a high power alternator, isn't it??
It is not a placebo effect. It is truly extra power. Back in the day when I tuned high performance cars, the first thing that we would do is a high output alternator and a big high CCA battery. The saturation time on yous coils is decreased, meaning that they reach a higher level in a shorter period of time. Your computer is able to work better with a constant source of voltage and amperage. Everything that uses electricity in your car will work better. The upgrading of your grounds is a very good ideal and one a lot of people overlook. We used to put a copper bar or two in the cars and drill and tap it so that all grounds terminated at the bar and then run a ground straight to the battery. And we always double grounded our alternators. Overkill, maybe. Never burnt out an electrical on any of the race or street cars.

out a cig lighter volt meter Im getting 14.8V at idle sometimes 15.1V at ~1500 rpms. my power hungry air compressor loves it too. (my 110 Amp drawing beast)

Nathan from EA said the Alt is putting out an impressive 300Amps at 800 rpms.

Members online

No members online now.
Back