Upper control arms options

LS6_5SPD

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need new upper control arms and I was wondering if anyone has tried any aftermarket ones? Ive seen on ebay some:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LINCOLN-LS-V6-V8-3-0-3-9-UPPER-CONTROL-ARM-ARMS-KIT-2-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aLincolnQ7cModelQ3aLSQQhashZitem3f06c06513QQitemZ270696211731QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_779wt_941

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LINCOLN-LS-V6-V8-UPPER-CONTROL-ARM-ARMS-BALL-JOINT-SET-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aLincolnQ7cModelQ3aLSQQhashZitem5d2d1a0d10QQitemZ400188640528QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1030wt_941

Ive also seen Lemforder control arms. teamfordparts has the Motorcraft ones for 107 a piece.
Question is, would going aftermarket be a wise choice? So far all Ive bought has been OEM except for the springs but maybe as I know OEMs tend to fails after certain mileage, maybe someone found out a longer lasting upper control arm.

dang dont let me down guys! I got 4 new tires and painted wheels to put on and need to replace them asap !!

I just bought a used lower control arm from lkqonline. Came off a 2000 ls with 39K miles. Ford wanted 495 or some insane amount. I got the used one for 105 with a 6 month warranty.

Hey guys, I need new upper control arms and I was wondering if anyone has tried any aftermarket ones?

I just bought a used lower control arm from lkqonline. Came off a 2000 ls with 39K miles. Ford wanted 495 or some insane amount. I got the used one for 105 with a 6 month warranty.

Got you covered.. lol

I already replaced the lowers (Pektel - I went for those on ebay cause ford wanted to make the week on them lol) But I put an extra set of wheels with used tires, and recently I saw the inside of the fronts are about to reach the metal!! So I need to replace those to put the new tires which has been in my bedroom with the rims for like 6 months already. Everything smells like rubber in there lol.

So, nobody tried any of the aftermarket ones?

Dude my upper ball joints are so messed up than they make a clunky noise. They are really messed up. I put new shocks, springs, links, lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends, but I didnt have money for the uppers. I need to replace those to align it.

The only reason I mentioned the lower control arm is because of the difference between new oem and used oem. But now I think I remember the upper control arm comes with the ball joint, and I wouldn't buy a used ball joint.

the only reason i mentioned the lower control arm is because of the difference between new oem and used oem. But now i think i remember the upper control arm comes with the ball joint, and i wouldn't buy a used ball joint.

at all !!

The only reason I mentioned the lower control arm is because of the difference between new oem and used oem. But now I think I remember the upper control arm comes with the ball joint, and I wouldn't buy a used ball joint.

I gottcha.. You are correct.. You can't just buy the ball joint separate, your forced to buy the whole piece..

Members online

Back