Update on my LS

djknowledge

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
well the insurance company didnt deem it a total loss.
they replaced the engine with a used one with 77k (i have reasons for not fightin to get a newer engine or one with lower mileage....so i just kept my mouth shut and let them do what they wanted.)

however, upon receiving the car back i noticed my clarion radio was stolen.
lucky for me, the radio was an actual replacement from my previous insurance from the 1st time my radio was stolen. needless to say, since it was in their possession when it was stolen, they had to replace the radio at no cost to me (no deductible)

now i got the car back running better then before (no check engine....yet)
and got reimbursed for the full amount that my previous insurance paid to have my radio replaced.

now my only question to you guys is....should i replace the radio with a regular single din ipod/cdplayer or get my double din back and get it stolen again lol. or maybe even get a single din flip out (which they will probably steal anyway)

it seems they'll take anything from my car so i might as well get anything for my enjoyment or just replace it with something regular since itll get stolen anyway. i dont really use the video but with a 5 year odl son and possibly one on the way, it might come in handy. what do you guys think?

good to hear you still have the car!

for ya son, you could get removable tv's from like walmart (got mine from there for my kid) or somethin so you can take them out/stash them somewhere when u park the car.

good to hear you still have the car!

for ya son, you could get removable tv's from like walmart (got mine from there for my kid) or somethin so you can take them out/stash them somewhere when u park the car.

i know i just dont think i would have the patience to do that every single day lol. id rather just have the front double din or single din or not lol...

i hear ya, i gave up removing them so now they are just there. he watches it everyday so y not leave them lol. but to my advantage (kinda) i have darker back windows than you so they arent visible, except at night, and they are hardly visible then

Glad you still have the car. Why not get what you want and also get one of those "stole radio" face plates to fool thieves

I would get the most loud and obnoxious alarm you can get with shock sensors all around, very dark tint and have a loaded .40 at your disposal for the mother:q:q:q:qer that comes near your car.

Get a double-din. I had a single-din when I first got my LS to hook up my subs/amp. I got rid of it and got a double first chance I had. I think a double looks like it belongs. I hated the way the single looked. If they steal it, they steal it, that's what insurance is for I guess. I have this one with the optional navigation AVIC-U220. I love it and it wasn't very expensive (combo deal at the time). And I also got the sirius direct plug in instead of having another external radio.

Staff online

Members online

Back