U1039 Code???

real78

New LVC Member
Reaction score
1995 Cont.

I have been fighting this code for a while I just replaced all ABS wheel speed sensor.

The code says its a speed sensor and I took it in to a lincoln dealership and spent the 100.00 just for them to hook up the dam code reader and they couldn't even tell me anything.

Has anyone had this problem before?

I googled it and saw the following:
TSB 01-21-13
DRIVEABILITY - DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTC) P0500, P1502 AND/OR U1039 CONTINENTAL MODELS ONLY - STICKING OR BINDING IGNITION LOCK CYLINDER - HIGH EFFORT WHEN TURNING IGNITION SWITCH
ELECTRICAL - STICKING OR BINDING IGNITION LOCK CYLINDER - HIGH EFFORT WHEN TURNING IGNITION SWITCH

seems to me it depends where the code is coming from: PCM - powertrain control module or LCM - light control module

Is there a way to find out, because I am not having any problems with the ignition cylinder.
Here is a question for you could a remote start cause the problem? I had a shop in my old hood hook it up and I had to take it back to them three times because they just didn't do a good job. Now the remote start/alarm works but my heater control will not turn on when I start the car. I am going to have one of the guys at my dealer ship fix that part of it because I am not taking it back that shop ever again.

This is what I also found
SCP (J1850) Invalid or Missing Data for Vehicle Speed

Members online

No members online now.
Back