Tuners?

JamesVinar

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I come from a crown vic so I know this subject decently. I managed to make it pull 24mpg in the city with my xcal 3. I've got a 98 lsc and was wondering if I should go with the 3,4 or get the livewire. Who would I go to for a custom tune too? Mo has a good reputation on cvn but I'm not sure if he will do ours

If you are in NE IL look up assc racing. That is who is doing mine. The tuner hardware X2-3-4 doesn't matter. You will need to get the SCT Race Pack Software License. $350 - Plus flash tool of your choice. Then dyno time..... OR... Diablo then it is $400 for the tool plus dyno time.
Dyno time is are $5-650
I already had an X2 so I went the SCT direction. Good news is someday if I get inspired I could mess with the tune myself... Not likely but is an option.

My memory may be wrong, but I thought only an XCal 2 worked on a Mark VIII. Mahybe a 3? But I thought there was some odd issues.

I have the SCT Pro Racer software. I have no used it for years because I dont have a Mark anymore. But its really worth the money, building ones own tune. I would say get an XCal and the software then learn it. It really not too difficult. Plus you can get tunes from people to disect then to see what was done, etc.

2s, 3s, and 4s, all work on the VIII. before DLF passed he was consistently adamant that the 3 was fine. and people are using the 4s on facebook with VIIIs.

Okay, good to know. I really dont think that was true long ago. But there were many firmware updates I am sure. So I searched and found this from Lux in 2012:

"The XCal3 is fixed now for the Mark VIII...so you should have no problems if you have OBDII..."

Members online

Back