Trying to replace the LS but don't know with what? Now you wont have to change sites.

Upstairs Chris

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
http://jalopnik.com/the-cadillac-xts-and-cts-will-indeed-get-a-410-hp-twin-571994539

A 410 hp twin turbo four door RWD car with a wonderful chassis? Sounds a lot like a modern day LS if you ask me, just with the wrong badges.

Not trying to troll here, but we have a lot of threads discussing what to move into once the LS is done, and I feel like this is a solid contender.

Sounds pretty good to this guy, however you'd have to get an aftermarket head unit because that CUE system is terrible. I think jalopnik referred to it as herpes in one story.

Discuss.

If you're referring to the CTS, yes. I have high hopes for it. Can't wait for the V version of it. That xts is still a bloated impala/lacrosse. Shame they couldn't go a rwd s-class competitor route.

The XTS is a disappointment. Yeah that is still FWD or AWD, but hey, old people still gotta have a Cadillac to buy. The CTS which I think looks awesome is what I would be most attracted too, its RWD, and I think you can get a proper manual as well but I cant remember.

GRELL, the XTS is like a Taraus/MKS competitor the CTS is a 5 series competitor, and the ATS is a 3 series competitor.

The XTS is a disappointment. Yeah that is still FWD or AWD, but hey, old people still gotta have a Cadillac to buy. The CTS which I think looks awesome is what I would be most attracted too, its RWD, and I think you can get a proper manual as well but I cant remember.

GRELL, the XTS is like a Taraus/MKS competitor the CTS is a 5 series competitor, and the ATS is a 3 series competitor.

I figure that, just didn't know if it was FWD OR RWD, when have been easier just to look up though!..RWD

Which one is pictured? Its looking a little like the shape the Lincolns are going for, which I don't like, it looks bloated.

The engine sounds like it could provide a lot of fun though.

I tried the CTS and new Taurus, I like both but the Taurus with leather interior, mood lighting, super cool audio controls, is fun and fast, similar feel to the LS IMHO, only draw back is FWD.

Pictured in the article is the XTS, aka the one you don't want. The 2014 CTS is much more visually appealing imo.

[video=youtube;HLffNpauQe4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLffNpauQe4[/video]

The back end is a little drab, but the front is great I think. Either way its no baleen whale. Also, according to internet rumors this 410hp TT V6 that that plan to put in the large XTS and CTS will also got into the ATS as the top tier performance AST-V Trim. I am sure some ridicilious 500hp+ V8 will go into the CST-V when it is revealed. But 410hp in the smaller 3 series like ATS would be crazy.

Hope they can get that 3.6 to sound better. It's a terrible sounding engine in the ATS.

ATS is on my short list, one of the few RWDs 4-doors available with a manual transmission. (CTS-v, BMWs and G37 are only others I'm aware of).

The only thing I've found wrong with the CTS is it's a smaller car than the LS, and the LS is too small as it is (at least for me). We test drove a CTS before buying the Lincoln, and turned it down because the seat wouldn't go back far enough and with the seat all the way back and tilted enough to drive there was no room at all behind the driver. If you're a shorter person the CTS would be a fine car though. Aside from the size issue it was an amazing car.

The only thing I've found wrong with the CTS is it's a smaller car than the LS, and the LS is too small as it is (at least for me). We test drove a CTS before buying the Lincoln, and turned it down because the seat wouldn't go back far enough and with the seat all the way back and tilted enough to drive there was no room at all behind the driver. If you're a shorter person the CTS would be a fine car though. Aside from the size issue it was an amazing car.

The new one is significantly larger. That was really the main problem with them, too big to compete with the 3 series, too small for the 5 series. Glad they fixed that.

The new one is significantly larger. That was really the main problem with them, too big to compete with the 3 series, too small for the 5 series. Glad they fixed that.

Oh, good deal. Might be worth another look then. Thanks.

ATS is on my short list, one of the few RWDs 4-doors available with a manual transmission. (CTS-v, BMWs and G37 are only others I'm aware of).

Does the "G" come with a manual? If not, Jag XF?

G37S only. Big brakes, RWD, 6-speed, reliable.

the V has been on my list for a while, not really interested any of the eco-boo... aaaahh new caddys! lol
I actually do like what they have done with the front of the new CTS but i really don't like what they did to the back. i hope they do keep the coupe an option, very interested to see it with a V grille!

A 2010+ CTS V* coupe will probably stay at the top of my list to replace the LS.

* im not trying to rave like a lunatic, but does that naming bother anybody else as it does me?
I mean for as long as i could remember the sweet version of the Seville was the Seville Touring SEDAN or STS, the Eldorado was the Touring COUPE ETC, and the Deville DTS. and when they got lazy and stopped giving cars names, its was no surprise when they replaced the turd Catera, it was called CTS. calling a two door Cadillac a CTS just makes no sense to me, cant we just call it a CTC or hell maybe its time to bring back the Eldorado!!

Yes, it is a bother. It's too hard to tell what is what these days. Caddy's only saving grace is they are using different first letters where Lincoln uses different last letters. I don't know why, but it's easier to remember what the different cars are if the first letter is different than if the last letter is different. They should both still be using actual names though.

well they tried to copy the Germans of alphabet soup maming, except for with the Germans, you can always tell what you getting just from the name. you know that the bigger the number the better, a 7 is a lot larger and more expensive than a 3, 550 beats a 535 which beats a 528...

MK X, S, Z, T, LT someone not familiar with the brands offering would not have a clue.

turner-motorsport-bmw-m5-goes-for-a-nurburgring-lap-video-medium_12.jpg
dont waste your time go for that man |[SUP]<:rolleyes:>[/SUP] there are no competitor for it (also one car with an unbeliveble capacity for tunning and a transmission that cames from the f1 bmw power so no need to a manual one you can do better with ) for me i m waitin to finsh my bac then i will be the happy owner off it else then that do major job for your ls and keep it it has a special eye catcher in the road that a maybach does not !!!!!

turner-motorsport-bmw-m5-goes-for-a-nurburgring-lap-video-medium_12.jpg

well they tried to copy the Germans of alphabet soup naming, except for with the Germans, you can always tell what you getting

MK X, S, Z, T, LT someone not familiar with the brands offering would not have a clue.

Exactly the problem with the Lincoln naming. The letters in Lincoln do not signify anything. With Cadillac (the XTS i s the exception) the first letter is the size class of the vehicle. The A (A, touring sedan) is small, C (C touring sedan) is larger, they sold a B is Europe at one time based on a Saab. I'm hoping that the large RWD being planned is called either DTS or ETS (depending on size). They should have went all the way and called the CTS coupe the CTC (C size touring coupe) and the XTS should have been the DLS (D size luxury sedan).

Does the "G" come with a manual? If not, Jag XF?

XF is auto only and unless I change my mind that is a deal breaker. Though with the current small crop of manual 4 door rwd cars I may have to compromise.

Members online

No members online now.
Back