Traction control sensor

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I need to change my Traction control sensors but I have no idea were they are or how they look like or how to replace them. Can any body direct me were to start or where can I go to get the sensor replaced except the dealer.

If you are talking about the ABS Sensors, they are mounted on the spindles. If you look behind the spindle, you will see a little toothed gear. The wire going to the little thing above the toothed gear is the wheel speed sensor.

#2 is the Speed Sensor that feeds tire speed data to the ABS/Traction control computers (and Im sure, other systems as well).

Each Wheel will have one of these sensors, IIRC.

Depending on what the ABS computer tells you as far as codes, if it says that it is not receiving data from a particular sensor, I would recommend spraying the hell out of it with brake cleaner. (The Sensor, not the Computer ;) ). I have had a similar situation with my Supercoupe, where the front pass sensor (or was it driver.. either way) did not register. I sprayed and cleaned it, and it worked like a charm after that.

rearsensor.gif

thank. What the lincoln dealer tolded me was , My module was burned but i think that is BS. When i spun my wheels my traction active light shows up, so none of the computer system should be broken. well thank and I will see if it fixes it.

The ABS sensor ring (gear/toothed ring) is dead center in the last pic, NOT what you circled. The gear will be right next to the CV Boot in that pic also.

The part with 1 bolt holding it and a wire comming out of it is the sensor.

MichiganTeddyBear said:
The ABS sensor ring (gear/toothed ring) is dead center in the last pic, NOT what you circled. The gear will be right next to the CV Boot in that pic also.

The part with 1 bolt holding it and a wire comming out of it is the sensor.
yeah I found that out

here is the gear if anybody else needs it. Remove that screw and there will be a sensor.

DSC05729.JPG

thanks for the great pics.....they are certainly appreciated.

What where your car's symptoms, other then the light of course? and did this fix the problem?

no but one of the sensor was scrahed so maybe i have to replace that

Members online

No members online now.
Back