Tire swap

msgtusmc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
2000 LS v6 Base. Swapped OEM original equip. 16x5 for OEM Chrome 17x5 rims with new Cooper 60k tires. Selling original OEM rims with new tires mounted, less than 5k miles with 16x5 spare $450.00 plus shipping. Need 17x5 spare, anyone selling? PM if can respond. Paypal OK. Can deliver within 150 miles of 23320 or travel that far to hand off to buyer. Going to polish old rims, no curb rash, maybe 4 coats clear rim paint. Can travel same distance to pick up 17x5 spare. Thanks.

2000 LS v6 Base. Swapped OEM original equip. 16x5 for OEM Chrome 17x5 rims with new Cooper 60k tires. Selling original OEM rims with new tires mounted, less than 5k miles with 16x5 spare $450.00 plus shipping. Need 17x5 spare, anyone selling? PM if can respond. Paypal OK. Can deliver within 150 miles of 23320 or travel that far to hand off to buyer. Going to polish old rims, no curb rash, maybe 4 coats clear rim paint. Can travel same distance to pick up 17x5 spare. Thanks.

There was only one size spare offered, IIRC.......

There was only one size spare offered, IIRC.......

There were different spares. The spare on one of mine was a little wider than the spare on the other. I have replaced both with full size tires.

However, it is true that any spare for the LS should fit. It doesn't matter if you have 16" rims or 17" rims. The outer diameter of the 17" is the same as the 16". I doubt that you got a different spare from the factory based on having 16" or 17" wheels. I think that it just varied from year to year.

I swear that my 02 had a full size spare, and my 06 has a skinny spare. It looks to be full diameter though.

I swear that my 02 had a full size spare, and my 06 has a skinny spare. It looks to be full diameter though.

I'm sure that full size spare was an available option.

There were different spares. The spare on one of mine was a little wider than the spare on the other. I have replaced both with full size tires.

However, it is true that any spare for the LS should fit. It doesn't matter if you have 16" rims or 17" rims. The outer diameter of the 17" is the same as the 16". I doubt that you got a different spare from the factory based on having 16" or 17" wheels. I think that it just varied from year to year.

You know, I should have been more specific as I meant the space-saver spare. That said, I just thought there was one size. Thanks for the info.

I'm sure that full size spare was an available option.

IIRC, the full size spare option was eliminated in either '01 or '02. Another deletion to save weight.

I observed that a 17x5 donut spare was available on some LSs, don't know what gen. Thought it would be prudent to get one to replace the 16in, but with the aspect the same I guess I could just keep the 16in that came with the car in 2000.

Members online

No members online now.
Back