Timing Tensioners Are A Must

MisterWholesome

LVC Member
Reaction score
So after half a year, problem after problem sought out.. cure and checked off the list......I finally had to say good bye to my dream car... Some of you will be happy about this.... After tooling around with the PCM , coils, plugs, wiring schematics, front end control module,,,,,, pedal, 3 throttle body... Mass air flow sensor.... Oxygen sensors.... Inevitably it was the generic plastic timing tensonors as well.....I never did GET to upgrade and enjoy my car... But the constant flooding,stalling,lack of power,,,and just pathetic and debilitating performance...was due too this poor design flaw.....my loss And Loses.... Terrifically horrible year.... Blessings too all... And hope this post prevents someone else from chasing the Ghost In The Machine "Deus Ex Machina"

imagine what a tow truck and a $100 diagnostic fee would have done!

Best of luck on your future endeavors. I AM glad your able to move on and hopefully able to get into something a little better for your situation.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.”
Winston S. Churchill

imagine what a tow truck and a $100 diagnostic fee would have done!

Best of luck on your future endeavors. I AM glad your able to move on and hopefully able to get into something a little better for your situation.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.”
Winston S. Churchill

Look up his other posts.
He had a gen II (with metal body tensioners). It was a flood car with a many different, wrong diagnosis. It was doomed. I very much doubt that it was the tensioners in the end.

Look up his other posts.
He had a gen II (with metal body tensioners). It was a flood car with a many different, wrong diagnosis. It was doomed. I very much doubt that it was the tensioners in the end.

From 6/19/16...

I love this car but she is a salvage title flood vehicle and I didnt (sic) know it....

How could one not know it? Fly-by-Night motors? Fake title? The salvage title would show up when registering it. At that point I would return it and call the local DA.

Actually, if it truly was hidden through the process somewhere, should still call the DA. That would be guaranteed 'candy for the baby' (lawyers) here in California.

good to know that try as you might, there is (still) no use wasting any money on a flood car...

Quote Grizz:

"Actually, if it truly was hidden through the process somewhere, should still call the DA. That would be guaranteed 'candy for the baby' (lawyers) here in California. "

+10... Most states have certain laws about vehicles,,, that go beyond the warranty of the seller. Be it commercial or private. I smell troll.

Quote LS4:

"How could one not know it? Fly-by-Night motors? Fake title? The salvage title would show up when registering it. At that point I would return it and call the local DA. "

I agree... but i still smell troll, (Don).

Quote Joe:

"Look up his other posts.
He had a gen II (with metal body tensioners). "

ZACTLY!!! In post #1 he says the car has palstic tensioners!!! BYE DON!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back