Thoughts?

Depends on your taste but the Maverick's out of the three look the best IMO.

I know you are loading up on Eibachs soon, are you even sure you "need" shocks,
sure it would be a good thing to replace at the time but if there's nothing wrong with them ...

To the best of my knowledge, mine have never been replaced. I got the car at 56k and it now has 76k, so it sounds like a good time to do it.

And I do like the mavericks myself, however, with those tiny spokes I'll be seeing my tiny little brakes all the time and it's going to make me want to replace them.

It was my understanding euro struts were no longer available? :confused:

And dont like Jag wheels?

Shocks and struts are some of the most oversold items on a vehicle. ... shocks and struts are high-quality and last well past 100,000 miles but then I've heard/read replacement at 50,000 miles.

I was looking to replace my shocks as well but the price of the whole lowering thing just kept on going up and up and I had already enough in wheels and tires.

105K on mine and I opted to leave the old ones in, seems fine, not bouncing or anything, leave it until next time or when it starts to act up.
I push down on the top of my fenders of the LS and they appear to be tight and stabilize immediately which is good enough for me. (i think)

105K on mine and I opted to leave the old ones in, seems fine, not bouncing or anything, leave it until next time or when it starts to act up.
I push down on the top of my fenders of the LS and they appear to be tight and stabilize immediately which is good enough for me. (i think)

Can't use the "bounce test" on the LS. The shock piston travel is very short on the LS; the reason when you buy them there isn't a tab or strap holding the piston in the tube.

I had the Euro shocks with the Springtech springs. The LS rode like a truck! It handled exceptionally well though!

Interesting, that explains my amazement of how well my original shocks are holding up then.

Speaking of shocks.......

Should the piston be free to rotate? I can rotate the right front piston (from the retaining bolt) freely while the left front won't move at all.

https://1010tires.com/Wheels/Coventry/Hornet/Painted/Hyper+Silver

I'd get these. I'd personally get the 19x8.5, but they make them in 18" too.

pektel I value your opinion on most topics regarding the LS, especially when it comes to paint,waxing, etc etc. Some of my recent purchases have been on your suggestion. Now, with that being said, and with all due respect. I really, really really do not like those wheels. I've seen you suggest them before in other threads and have looked at them quite a lot, and I just can not get anywhere near liking them. Personally I think the ones you have in your avatar look 54893489054390 times better.
But I hope you do, and I hope you enjoy them. :Beer

It was my understanding euro struts were no longer available? :confused:

And dont like Jag wheels?

Yeah trying to price compare after I made this thread I soon realized euro shocks were not an option. Yes I do like jag wheels, I would do some unspeakable things for Barcelona's. However, I do also like money.

Should the piston be free to rotate? I can rotate the right front piston (from the retaining bolt) freely while the left front won't move at all.

I don't know for a fact, but I would expect that they are designed to allow at least some rotation.

pektel I value your opinion on most topics regarding the LS, especially when it comes to paint,waxing, etc etc. Some of my recent purchases have been on your suggestion. Now, with that being said, and with all due respect. I really, really really do not like those wheels. I've seen you suggest them before in other threads and have looked at them quite a lot, and I just can not get anywhere near liking them. Personally I think the ones you have in your avatar look 54893489054390 times better.
But I hope you do, and I hope you enjoy them. :Beer

I think they are amazing looking wheels... but would need to seem them on a LS, It doesn't seem like they'd fit the LS styling very well... I could be wrong (usually not though) :D

Interesting, that explains my amazement of how well my original shocks are holding up then.

I just had all 4 of mine out...I didn't think they were bad until I had them in my hand...the front would not uncompress on their own.....the rear would take around an hour to uncompress.

My new ones would rotate...that's why they have a 2 wrench system...if I make sense...My old ones were hit and miss, the right front wouldn't but the left front did.

Hmmm, don't know what to tell ya, mine feel fine, car handles as it should.
I've had to jerk it le... wait, maneuver it left to right, quickly to avoid small game and she's always handled correctly.

<waiting on "jerking" jokes>

Hmmm, don't know what to tell ya, mine feel fine, car handles as it should.
I've had to jerk it le... wait, maneuver it left to right, quickly to avoid small game and she's always handled correctly.

<waiting on "jerking" jokes>

What you do in/to/on your LS is your choice...no one can judge you.

We all know how Chris feels right now ... hours and hours, day after day, looking at wheels online and just can't make up our minds.
I must have gone back and forth a dozen times and eventually I had it down to a TSW wheel I wanted but then ran into the troubles of it not having enough lip on it for the size wheel I needed ... so back to the cheaper set from USArim again, that looks just like the TSW I had my eye on.

Rims to men are pretty near like shoes to women. lol

Can't use the "bounce test" on the LS. The shock piston travel is very short on the LS; the reason when you buy them there isn't a tab or strap holding the piston in the tube.

I had the Euro shocks with the Springtech springs. The LS rode like a truck! It handled exceptionally well though!

So what is the best way (short of removing them from the vehicle and the springs) to test if they are worn out? I have 117,000 on mine and they are likely original. I likely would feel an improvement if replaced, but do they NEED to be replaced? That is my question.

I like the American Racing AR896 Series Chrome Wheel best, of the ones you asked about. They look nice and would be easier to clean with fewer crevices involved.

What about these wheels ?

2445118_9_full.jpg

Found: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...ting-woodgrain&p=358554&viewfull=1#post358554

Member: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1570

1. No
2. Maybe
3. Yes

I used the Euros with my Eibachs and can't complain about the ride. Replace them when you do the Eibachs too, I tried the cheap way and was back under the car in about 10,000 miles replacing shocks and swapping Eibachs again.

Also...Pete and those Hornets crack me up. They're a beautiful wheel and ever since he's seen them he posts them whenever he can.

Members online

No members online now.
Back