still more questions

92spi

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
having acquired my 2000 ls v8 relatively cheaply, I was left wanting in quite a few areas. I thank and applaud the cumulative wisdom here; it's been very enlightening and has saved me money and time (often one and the same). the coil and plug replacement is still netting me 23mpg vs. 17 that I was getting. and probably saving my cats, too. but on to the point of the thread. this car had a salvage title (hence the low price) and had been cobbled together somewhat. it had none of the fender inner splash guards, nor the three under the front end. it was (and still is) missing the 'air dam'; the black plastic arc that attaches to the bottom of the front bumper cover. I have since fit the inner fender splash guards (with a little judicious bending, trimming and applying screws), the two smaller splash guards that protect the alternator on the passenger side and the one opposite it; the largest one that spans the width of the radiator simply won't fit. do I need the air dam/bumper cover bottom in order to fit this splash guard? it's readily apparent where the back of the splash guard attaches; the front simply won't reach the bumper cover.

Yes, it attaches to the "air dam." The exception to this is the LSE bumper cover. In that case, there is no separate air dam.

Members online

Back