Stereo volume on steering wheel - only +++

tfrag06

LVC Member
Reaction score
'05 V6 LS with OEM 6 disc CD changer in dash... The volume on the radio works as designed - though the steering wheel volume rocker only increases volume. If you push +, volume increases... If you push -. volume increases.

Any ideas? :confused:

Its probly your clockspring going bad. You may start getting an air bag light on your dash and your horn may stop working too. When my clockspring went bad my volume buttons did the same thing.

The rocker in mine has broken somehow and it no longer takes force to move it one way or another.

So if you accidentally brush against it, it starts flying in one direction.

I keep meaning to take it off and checking out, but have learned to use it broken pretty well now.

That's beyond my scope... How much will it cost me to get a real mechanic to do it - abouts...

I have no idea. I did both of my LS's myself and it only took about an hour and a half the 1st time and an hour the next time.

it looks trickier than it is... Just unbolting things... no real problems... But a shop will charge close to an hour..$80

if you have the part yourself (i suggest ordering from max on the right), should be around another $90

If you have the shop order... more like $120.

You can call but, prob looking around 200 to have it done... depends on shop

it looks trickier than it is... Just unbolting things... no real problems... But a shop will charge close to an hour..$80

if you have the part yourself (i suggest ordering from max on the right), should be around another $90

If you have the shop order... more like $120.

You can call but, prob looking around 200 to have it done... depends on shop

Max isn't on the right anymore, but he's still a good source for parts.
Contact info in the thread below...
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=82618

I had the same problem. I solved it by removing switch assembly from steering wheel, dousing it with isopropyl, letting it dry and remounting. Worked like a champ. No clockspring replacement necessary.

Members online

No members online now.
Back