Steering wheel vibration

MarkVIIIS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok my 97 lsc has been doing this I think since I bought it 7 years ago, on the highway around and above 60 the steering wheel shakes, I've had 2 different sets of rims and tires on the front and they both been rebalanced a couple of times, new front brakes I believe the vibration was there before that, new tie rods and ball joints and basically all the front end bushings, if anyone has any advice let me know, thanks.

Ok my 97 lsc has been doing this I think since I bought it 7 years ago, on the highway around and above 60 the steering wheel shakes, I've had 2 different sets of rims and tires on the front and they both been rebalanced a couple of times, new front brakes I believe the vibration was there before that, new tie rods and ball joints and basically all the front end bushings, if anyone has any advice let me know, thanks.

try checkinv your wheel bearings,spindles(if our marks have them),hubs if that dont fix it then it must be a frame thing

Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about but that sound like the exhaust is hitting something.

A drive shaft vibration will shake the car not the steering wheel, like the seat of your pants. I would check the wheel bearings just to make sure they are not loose. I agree with Chris that it's probably out of balance tires. You can have the best balancer, but if you don't know how to use it. We have a tire shop in my town that has all kinds of problems balancing tires. And road force balancers are the sh*t.

Mines been shaking at highway speeds as well (since I bought it too......last week!), pretty smooth around town, but I'm sure it needs suspension work. The tires are also kinda cheap from the last owner and also need to be rebalanced, hopefully that will make a difference. I was pulling at the front suspension when I had it jacked up and everything seemed solid, but what do I know.

Members online

Back