some questions

defflepp1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i need some help with a few more questions regarding my Mark VIII. first, isnt there supposed to be a rev limiter on it? i am able to rev it all the way to redline in park (only did it once!!! i aint that stupid) could someone have already taken it off? second, recently i have been having an intermittent check engine light. i noticed it after i changed the coils. what could be causing this? is there a way to read codes without a computer? i know on my caddy you can do that. im thinking its the O2 sensors cause form what ive read on here i have all the symptoms. any help would be greatly appreciated

another quick question, what could cause a vibrations when using brakes? most when ever the brakes are used, even if your already stopped, there is a vibration similar to the air ride compressor. i know the compressor aint it cause thats long gone. whats the problem?

Oxygen sensors. Do not buy Bosch! You were warned.

Describe the vibration. Might be the TC being warped but as for stopping and feeling a vibration, that sounds like warped rotors in the front.

whats wrong with bosch? the best i can describe the vibration is, when the air compressor was on, but thats gone so that aint it

If your vehicle is vibrating while already stopped!! Then check your motor mounts, Mark8s have hydraulic mounts, it goes from good and smooth to busted and vibrations.

93s are not governed nor rev limited

the only times it vibrates when already stopped is if the brakes are on, if there off its crystal smooth. and it seems as thought all vibrations are becoming less frequent then before. WTF is going on with my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, car stopped, you push brake and it vibrates, let off brake and it stops vibrating...?...car in park?

Not on a 94 they don't. 96 and up, yes. They won't read flashing lights on the dash for you but they'll sell you a $25.00 scanner for you to read yourself.

Actually, most of them can do OBDI Ford and GMs. If they tell you otherwise, usually they're just being lazy :q:q:q:q:q:q:qs who don't want to bother or don't know how. Not all have the proper "scanner" for store use but many do.

93s are not governed nor rev limited

Ya they are, and ya they are.

Actually, most of them can do OBDI Ford and GMs. If they tell you otherwise, usually they're just being lazy :q:q:q:q:q:q:qs who don't want to bother or don't know how. Not all have the proper "scanner" for store use but many do.

Ya they are, and ya they are.

Everything you said it very possible, especially them being lazy MF's. I do know that they don't have the equipment at out Madison store and we even have a Ford shop here in Madison but not as big as the one in Huntsville. The Ford shop in Madison even said they didn't have the equipment to tell me what was wrong with the 94 and the little light flasher that AZ sold me didn't tell me much of nothing.

If it's rev limited, then why does my 93 not rev-bob with fuel cut off?? It goes straight up to red if it's in park -shrug-

If it's rev limited, then why does my 93 not rev-bob with fuel cut off?? It goes straight up to red if it's in park -shrug-

It has a one step rev limiter...later models had a 2 step limiter and I'm not sure if the marks had the 2 step limiter. My 96 Sable did though.

Ok back on topic....

If your car is vibrating more when you engage the brake while parked...listen for a hissing noise down by your foot, this indicates a brake booster leak...the vibration is your car starving for vacuum because it's leaking out of the booster

From what I can see in the EEC tune, a W3Z2 is limited to:

6450rpm in drive
5500rpm in neutral before it cuts "half fuel" where alternate injectors do/don't fire
6000rpm in neutral before all fuel is cut
3500rpm in 4th gear before half fuel is cut
7000rpm in 4th gear before all fuel is cut, if you could get there.

Also, driveshaft speed seems to be cut at 5320 shaft rpm (not engine rpm.)

Commanded shifts are:
5600 for 1-2
5850 for 2-3
5200 for 3-4

I could be misinterpreting some of these values, but I kinda doubt it...

another quick question, what could cause a vibrations when using brakes? most when ever the brakes are used, even if your already stopped, there is a vibration similar to the air ride compressor. i know the compressor aint it cause thats long gone. whats the problem?

sounds like abs false activation (based on air comp type noise) can you feel the vib in the pedal?
try this......first check to make sure your neutral safety switch is ok. put car in drive and try to start it, it shouldn't crank but reset everything like you did. now go drive it and when you feel the vibration hold the key in the crank position if the vib goes away then its the abs thinking one wheel is locking up

well the vibration seems to have gone away, but it does that alot. anyway, another question what could cause the air bag light to flash and cruise not work? could it be the clock spring and if so where do i buy that from and how hard is to do replace?

so i have a new problem now, they just dont wanna stop. what could cause a rough idle or a miss at idle and a horrible smell? O2 sensor?

Members online

No members online now.
Back