So you want to be a platform manager?

rooter

LVC Member
Reaction score
Alternate fantasy universe, FoMoCo HQ, circa 2003: You are the platform manager in charge of the Lincoln LS. You see the writing on the wall and fear that your precious platform might not make it past the 2006 model year. Okay, so be it. It's MY baby and if it's going out, it's going out with a BANG!

You're given the green light (remember, this is a fantasy) for a special edition LS (LS-R? :D) for the '06 model year. What are you going to do?

Cobra motor? Lighten by 100 lbs? 18's? Special design cues? What will you call it?

Let it fly! But then tell us how much of a premium you would be willing to pay over the "anticipated" '06 V8 Sport.

rooter said:
Alternate fantasy universe, FoMoCo HQ, circa 2003: You are the platform manager in charge of the Lincoln LS. You see the writing on the wall and fear that your precious platform might not make it past the 2006 model year. Okay, so be it. It's MY baby and if it's going out, it's going out with a BANG!

You're given the green light (remember, this is a fantasy) for a special edition LS (LS-R? :D) for the '06 model year. What are you going to do?

Cobra motor? Lighten by 100 lbs? 18's? Special design cues? What will you call it?

Let it fly! But then tell us how much of a premium you would be willing to pay over the "anticipated" '06 V8 Sport.

Well I would contact Jaguar across the pond and demand about 5000-6000 Jaguar S-Type R's motors, trannys, and necessary hardware for it. Install it into the LS frame which it could be done. Do a few styling exterior cues so it would be totally different to any other LS on the road. Slap on 18 or maybe even 19"s. Then the interior add a more race inspired interior but keep it in the luxury side too. Throw in the THX Navigation system w/ 14 speakers. That would be a bitching LS that would kick the bucket with respect. If they where to make a low number like 5500 they would sell like hotcakes, I bet half of us on here would be looking for a way to buy one! HAHA

Oh yeah MSRP on my design would be around $52,495.00!

-Scott-

Members online

No members online now.
Back