so I raced a gen 1...

dnehthend

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
we seemed to be about the same, aside from the fact that my exhaust is back to making an awful smell, even after new o2 sensors a year ago :(

might be time to replace the whole exhaust setup :cool:

Mine does the same thing if I really get down on it. If I do a 0-60, it doesn't have the smell but out on the HWY, if I open it up, i"ll get the smell but it clears out when I go back to normal driving. Not sure if it's the front cats or the third one. I'm thinking the third one is where it's coming from.

New O2's or old, you'll still get that smell when you get out and dog on it.

My car does it to if I open up through 1, 2 and into drive buy goes away once I let off and start driving normal again

Rotten egg smell right?

Thinking back though my old 93 with lsc exhausts 3rd cat delete and flowmaster 40's would never do that also did 7 or more almost back to back 1/4 mile runs and never smelt anything

x4. Mine's stinky at wot at times. But i don't go wot to often so it doesn't bother me TOO much and i still have the 3rd cat.

fail nothing here. i keep wanting to do something with the exhaust, just never do :( someday i will

Remove crappy third cat/replace with X-pipe=fixed..

Exhaust

3" high flow cats and LMS double-x, 2.5" pipe, LMS muffs and I can out run the smell!! Just can't outrun the noise!!!!

haha, that happened when I gunned it up the Rockies, over the Divide. Showing the Mark off to my girlfriend, and she wrinkled up her nose and said "eeewww, something smells like rotten eggs!"

"It wasn't me."

Okay, time to google mark viii 3rd cat delete.

Members online

No members online now.
Back