Shift Kit Recomendations

LSC SS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Finally decided I'm finally going to put the 3K stall convertor in the 92 and figure a shift improver kit would be a good idea also. Anyone have any suggestions/experience with what kind of kit would be good in the Mark. The entire drivetrain is stock except for the convertor I'm putting in.
Gonna put a nice big cooler in also

I have the Baumann Engineering shift kit in mine as well....now mine does not have the power that Geno's has, but mine definitely has a kick to it when shifting. If you are driving hard and not manually shifting it has a decent kick to it, but when you shift it manually it has a nice hard kick. Here is my lil vid with the Baumann kit.....oh....mine is set on the highest performance setting #5 if I remember correctly. If you listen real close (the Camaro's exhaust kinda drowns out some of it) you can hear it shift gears and the tires chirp.

http://www.markviii.org/~1wykdmk8/newmarkburnout.AVI
http://www.markviii.org/~1wykdmk8/barneydrag.AVI

Now, I will be able to do my own sorta comparison between the Baumann kit and the Transgo kit. I have a tranny that is sittin in my garage that has already been rebuilt and has a Transgo shift kit in it. Now, it will be pretty much an unfair comparison between the two, mainly because the tranny that is in my car now has 156K on it, and the other tranny (with the Transgo kit in it) was rebuilt about 40K ago. So it will be an unfair advantage for the other tranny, but I will try to remain unbiased in my comparo........comparo comin soon

Last edited:
go with trans go, I dont even have the highest level kit, and it kicks like crazy into 2nd, look at the video, the track just got treated too, plus a had slicks that were warmed up and at 20psi, you can here it, the shifts sound like a blow off valve, and the car dips. also it chirps into third which you can sorta make out at the end of the video.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/joey/MarkofDeath.wmv

Baumann Eats alive the TransGo in many aspects. One (The most important) is the fact that it is totally progressive.

My car people always freakout when they are in it under normal throttle conditions because it feels just barely over stock, then mid throttle is a little harder then full throttle LOOKOUT! then MANUAL SHIFTING IS OFF THE HOOK!

It's very well engineered and designed by one of the best in the industry.

My car in that vid is with bolt on's only, street tires 275/40/17's and a freshly sprayed VHT coated track In "D" Drive.

not trying too bash the kit geno, but trans go has one me alot of races on the street simple because it jumps like 20 mph and I dont lose hardly any rpm. plus it was all stock besides the transgo

MarkOfDeath said:
not trying too bash the kit geno, but trans go has one me alot of races on the street simple because it jumps like 20 mph and I dont lose hardly any rpm. plus it was all stock besides the transgo

TransGo isnt winning the races the power is. The TransGo like any shift kit is helping you win. I still swear by Baumann Engineering for LIFE. Ive had the TransGo and then the Baumann and there is NO comparison. I too used to LOVE the Tgo until I tried the Baumann.

Well, let me join the Baumann team! :headbang: I just installed mine today and I absolutely fell in love with my '93 all over again!!! :dancefool

I set it for level 5 and torque setting "A". It is just firm at light throttle but WOT shifts WILL break it loose! Bad tires or wet roads would easily allow it to get sideways at the full throttle 1-2 shift!

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations and especially to Jeremi and Ray for letting me sample the shifts in their rides so I could decide with confidence.

:L :L :L

driller said:
Well, let me join the Baumann team! :headbang: I just installed mine today and I absolutely fell in love with my '93 all over again!!! :dancefool

I set it for level 5 and torque setting "A". It is just firm at light throttle but WOT shifts WILL break it loose! Bad tires or wet roads would easily allow it to get sideways at the full throttle 1-2 shift!

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations and especially to Jeremi and Ray for letting me sample the shifts in their rides so I could decide with confidence.

:L :L :L

:give :Beer :headbang: :Beer

Members online

Back