Selling The Factory In Car Cellphone

Dawkins

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Mark Viii...Black good condition typical scratches on the screen...If you have a use for it let me know we can talk...Thanks

Hi, I have a 93 that originally came with a phone but is missing and I just wanted to get back to original, still have it and what price range you looking for? Thanks, John:)

Hey John if you want to call the dealership and see what one is worth let me know and ill make a deal...Theres know need for me to have it im ripping out the complete wire'in for it also...

-Thanks

Hi, I called my local dealer yesterday and whether he didn't want to bother with me or what he just said that they are useless because they are anolog and to check out the junkyards. I just wanted one because mine originally came with one and it was missing when I bought it, not that I was going to use it. The dealer wouldn't come up with a price so I don't know what to tell you, do you have any idea? Thanks, John:) :)

Yo John..Called the local dealership about 5 minutes ago the man said it's no longer avalible for our model...$275 canadian...I almost :q:q:q:q myself when the man told me that...So toss me a number and we will see if we can work this out...Thanks

Hey Marc, Throw out a number to me, I called another dealer here and he said they haven't been available for quite awhile (many years). I just wanted to replace the one that was missing from mine so give me a ballpark figure when you get a chance. Thanks, John:)

Hey Marc, Throw out a number to me, I called another dealer here and he said they haven't been available for quite awhile (many years). I just wanted to replace the one that was missing from mine so give me a ballpark figure when you get a chance. Thanks, John:)

Hey Marc, I'm going to pass on the phone, will put the money to something I really need, thanks anyway.

John:)

Don't know good question...But It's not the fact that you want to hook it up its the fact that its the stock factory phone...Im sure theres still phone companys that will hook it up...I ball parked the price and John if your seriously interested give me a reasonable number bro...

hockey930 said:
Can you even put an analong phone on any network anymore?

I have a phone in my '97 DeVille and the quick answer is no. I wanted OnStar (which needs the phone in order to work in this year/model)

The long answer is yes, there ARE a FEW places that still offer service for those phones. A few burgs along the coast in Southern California for starters and many VERY out of the way hamlets in remote sections of the country will still give you service but with restrictions. Most require a LOCAL address (mine is in the Phoenix, AZ area and they wouldn't talk to me once they found that out.

Also, the phone companys HAVE to support analog phones (by federal law) only until Feb of '07 (or '08 I don't remember exactly). After that time, they can literally shut off ALL analog service if they feel like it and you will lose your service.

After spending a couple of days calling different podunk towns and locations around the country I finally gave up and now it is a fixture in my center console that may eventually get pulled out to have the storage room.

John

there are a few who will hook them up.but you almost have to beg.the biggest reason is the analogs didnt have the 911 locator ability.they are still great phones if you can get a hook up.i use mine alot in my 96 conti even though i have a razr strapped to my side,its just fun to use esp in hands free mode.as for service so far mine has worked everywhere i go.
now to worth ,most junk yards will let you pull it for 30 bucks or less as it isnt a value item.i bought two complete center consoles from ebay for 35 bucks each and they both came with the handsets still attached.and 1 had the electronics box even though i just wanted the consoles and not the phones lol.

Members online

No members online now.
Back