Scan Tool

heyjewel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello. So thinking about replacing center radio/hvac panel. I've got the Lincoln DVD and step 2 in R&R section is:

1. NOTE: If installing a new module, it is necessary to upload the module configuration information to the scan tool prior to removing the module. This information must be downloaded into the new module after installation.

I dont have a scan tool. So I guess asking dealer to do it is possible but the logistics seem difficult. Is there a way to get this done or is it really necessary?

I don't know on your current car. It may be required. I'd check and see if Forscan can do it. It probably can, and it's really cheap and just needs a <$20 adapter.

I don't know on your current car. It may be required. I'd check and see if Forscan can do it. It probably can, and it's really cheap and just needs a <$20 adapte
I do have forscan. Havent used it in 5 years at least. Will give it a shot.

Update us if the forscan works.
Answer not definitive yet. But I downloaded latest Forscan and tried. When loading I get a message saying my ELM will not support many functions and I should go get a better one. So the better one is coming from Amazon on Tues.
But while poking around on the web I found info showing save and load commands for some modules. Any case my forscan hooked up to mkZ did not show those commands. I'm hoping the better ELM OBD device will open up the needed commands.

Members online

No members online now.
Back