Roseann Rosanadana's grandmother was right

heyjewel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
It IS always something. In past month or so: Fixed crashed drivers window. Replaced bad upper control arm. Fixed not working windshield washer. Trying to solve a poor gas mileage issue. Went out for a 'long' drive in the LS. 150 miles RT. After 30 or so miles I stopped and filled her with gas. 13.3 gallons. $80.77. Got back in the car, drove off and pushed driver window down button. Nope window wont go down. The other 3 work but not drivers. So gottanother problem to attack.

Hey there George, my LS suffered that same issue with the dead window switch. Long ago. I replaced it with a two-way rocker switch that almost looks OEM! Otherwise, it would be a DDM replacement.

Hey there George, my LS suffered that same issue with the dead window switch. Long ago. I replaced it with a two-way rocker switch that almost looks OEM! Otherwise, it would be a DDM replacement.
Well I've got two donor cars. Tried the switch assembly from one and it has the same problem. Pulling door panel off today.

Well I've got two donor cars. Tried the switch assembly from one and it has the same problem. Pulling door panel off today.
Tried DDM from a donor. Nope. But with panel off I can hear a relay behind sheet metal piece. So off with that.

Tried DDM from a donor. Nope. But with panel off I can hear a relay behind sheet metal piece. So off with that.
OK it's the window motor. Tried another and works. Happen to have a motor I pulled off another window mech.

OK it's the window motor. Tried another and works. Happen to have a motor I pulled off another window mech.
The thing is covered by warrantee! Gonna get a replacement. In meantime gonna see if I can get the motor onto the existing piece.

Members online

No members online now.
Back