RIP LS plzz read about my night and tell me wat u think

Iancusp

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals
just felt like writing to tell u guys i just wrecked the ls last night around midnight
i was driving from a friends house and while passing through a intersection probably doin about 50 in a 45 when the woman in the other direction decided to pull out and make her left hand turn with me coming down the road well...
gues what ......kaaaboooom i saw a car in front of me and the rest was like a dream...... i had hit her from the side it was a perfect tbone if i was aiming it would of been a buulzeye ....... when i came through (took me about fifteen seconds) i looked up a the traffic light and it was still green ...as green as it was when i went through it ... i then proceeded out of the car and observed her pulling a baby out of the backseat and thats when i felt like :q:q:q:q i thought i was gonna throw up the baby was crying but not that much to my suprise than to my suprise again i found out that there was another baby in the car i know looked at the girl probably mid to early 20s and apologized (for what i dont know but i just felt like :q:q:q:q when i found out those kids were in the car) for what i dont know cuz it was her fault to every degree . she than apologized to me

after i started writing this it really filled in a blank spot of it for me and i remembered what she said as soon as i exited my car after impact . she sai oh my god im so sorry and that she had been arguing with her boyfriend and i think she said she was on the phone
how i forgot that i dont know but my nerves were way off track

both of the kids got out ok execpt for the back windshield had shattered on them they had a few little cuts

now back to her talking about the argument with her boyfriend after the cops had arrived and she was on the phone with somone and said some :q:q:q:q:q:q:q ran a red light and hit her.... i didnt say anything but i did tell the cop that i heard her tell her say that to the person on the phone but i told him that i know my light was green and i didnt want to start any arguments or anything because i didnt feel it was the right time she heard and argued back

now i didnt remeber that she said she admitted to being at fault until now i hope they dont think im trying to lie about anything because i now kno for a fact she said that she had just gotten into an argument with her boyfriend its just whether or not she said she was on the phone which i dont remember clearly but i think she did say it im about 75 percent sure
that well be argued in court if any police officers have any idea wat they think might happen id love to hear

as far as the cars mine looked pretty bad but no where as bad as hers she had a 2000 cavelier i basically hit her passenger door head on dead center at 50 without ever touching the break so it looked horrible like a wrecking ball just swung into it as far as mine its gonna be close to totalled price wise the hood pinched perfectly and my front end looked horrible. i also did a 360 after and screwed my driver side ass end up on the curb (shattered my rim)but for a 21 year old man with no seat belt on ..... i was fine a little shakey at first and i think i hit my head on the steering wheel but i felt fine

I take my hat off to the lincoln ls

i think it might have saved my life

wow, sounds like my accident back on November, but the only difference is that I was the one that ran the red light, when I looked infront of me, all I saw was a white Ford Econoline, and the next thing i remember is waking up to the sound of the sirens coming of the cops and rescue truck. I was fine until i got out and saw my car totalled, my dream car was gone, it was a 97 Toreader red Lincoln MarkVIII LSC. Someday ill own another one. Since you didnt have your seatbelt on, im guessing the LS was the one that saved your life, with the side impact airbags.

P.S. i would like to see the before and after pics of the car.

no airbags went off in my car i hit her side with the front of my car

no car still in impound but ill get them asap i really want a pic of her car it was horrible

That was the hardest story to read ever. No periods or comas. God!

Oh, yeah... sorry about the idiot that made you wreck your LS

You slammed into another car going 50mph, no airbags deployed, you weren't wearing a seatbelt, and you're perfectly fine?? :confused: wow, lucky man...

See if you had been in VA she would've been at fault no matter what happened because she was talking on the cell phone while she was driving.
In general when an accident like that happens fault is placed on the driver who was turning. Even if her light WAS green, she was looking in the direction that your car was coming from, and she would have seen that you were not going to stop. That places the blame on her, since, being the driver of an automobile, she has to take the responsibility to avoid a potential accident even if she DOES have the right of way. If she can prove through a witness that she had the right of way, then it would be turned around and fault would be placed on you. Luckily for you, it doesn't look like that will happen.

That was the hardest story to read ever. No periods or comas. God!

Oh, yeah... sorry about the idiot that made you wreck your LS

:lol: thats funny there was someone else who would right their posts like that it was a pain in the a$$ to read because I couldnt tell where one sentence started or ended how people write like this I have no idea is isnt it taught in school to use things like those dots and slash things even writing like this is hard to do because im so used to writing correctly spelling may not always be right owell

Sorry to hear about the LS. It's a great car. Maybe you'll get another one since the '06s are way cheap. Glad everyone got out alive!

thats why cameras on the traffic lights are a great thing. they can be self incriminating though......big brothers always watching

but yeah, back to the airbags. none deployed on a 50mph impact?? doesn't sound like the LS saved anything actually it seems more like the LS failed to do its job. but besides the point sorry to hear about your accident, hopefully nothing gets too crooked with the case and you don't have to pay any fines. good thing everyones ok. and what was this woman doing with her babies/children at 12 at night?

From the '01 Owner's Guide:
The fact that the pretensioners and air bags did not activate in a collision does not mean that something is wrong with the system. Rather, it means the forces were not of the type sufficient to cause activation.
The 2nd Gen LSes, at least, use "smart" airbags; I know the passenger airbag is disabled if the front passenger is not wearing a seatbelt, but I don't know if this is true of earlier LSes or if it's true of the driver's airbag.

Different car but my 96Mark deployed both with just me in the car and no seat belt. Kinda wierd to watch them deploy...

Can't imagine why they didn't on this impact.

well i just got back from the police station and the officer told me that one of the children has been in icu since it happened ... im so scared right now for that child. it was a bad accident

i alsoo didnt have my seatbelt on so maby thats y they didnt deploy or i saw that the main part of my ffront bumper was still in tact and didnt actually look that bad im very lucky and already had many talks with "the big guy in the sky" since it happened
sry bout the grammar but i find it to much of a pain using punctuation wen i type i do it with one hand as it is

WOW first off lets prayy for that baby cause although it wasnt ur fault thatss GOTTA be hard on u knowing that and well thank godd ur alritee. sucks for the LS but heyy wasnt ur fault so now u can get a nicee 06 1 (where the airbags will deploy) lolol

From the '01 Owner's Guide:

The 2nd Gen LSes, at least, use "smart" airbags; I know the passenger airbag is disabled if the front passenger is not wearing a seatbelt, but I don't know if this is true of earlier LSes or if it's true of the driver's airbag.

Gotta disagree with that. The airbag is a supplemental restraint device. To be used independent of the seatbelt. That is/was the whole point behind the airbag. There are de-powered ones based on the weight of the passenger, and sometimes the driver.

The sensors are located in the bumper area, so if the bumper wasn't hit chances are the bag wouldn't deploy. They also won't deploy in crashes, IIRC, below ~27mph. You say you weren't wearing your seatbelt. As you weren't impaled by the steering wheel, IMHO, you weren't going as fast as you thought. The LS has anti-lock brakes so there won't be any skid marks either. Looks like you actually hit the brakes and slowed quite a bit without realizing it. That would be good for you and the other car.

It really matter what she claims. The police should be able to figure out the colors of the lights pretty easily. And as was said earlier, left turners rarely have the right-of-way. In California, technically it is never legal to make a left turn, even with a green yellow as the left turner must yield to ALL other traffic! Yet another example of the law of unintended consequences.

Gotta disagree with that. The airbag is a supplemental restraint device. To be used independent of the seatbelt. That is/was the whole point behind the airbag. There are de-powered ones based on the weight of the passenger, and sometimes the driver.

The sensors are located in the bumper area, so if the bumper wasn't hit chances are the bag wouldn't deploy. They also won't deploy in crashes, IIRC, below ~27mph. You say you weren't wearing your seatbelt. As you weren't impaled by the steering wheel, IMHO, you weren't going as fast as you thought. The LS has anti-lock brakes so there won't be any skid marks either. Looks like you actually hit the brakes and slowed quite a bit without realizing it. That would be good for you and the other car.

It really matter what she claims. The police should be able to figure out the colors of the lights pretty easily. And as was said earlier, left turners rarely have the right-of-way. In California, technically it is never legal to make a left turn, even with a green yellow as the left turner must yield to ALL other traffic! Yet another example of the law of unintended consequences.

well if i can get a picture of her car than u can tell me wether or not i hit the breaks but if i was goin under 50 it was still over 45 which was the limit everything under and above the bumper was destroyed but wierdly enough the bumper didnt look that bad
as far as the steeringwheel impaling me my stomach was super tight feeling afterwards and i started dry heaving but im not sure if that was just nerves

o and i talked to the cop and we both think that there were green lights in both directions with no arrows

o and i talked to the cop and we both think that there were green lights in both directions with no arrows

On the responsible side, you're stylin'. She obviously didn't yield the right-of-way.

I still think you slowed without knowing it. Reflexes will do that. Only the "black box" could confirm that and I would stand corrected! Also, I would expect your LS to kill a Cavalier. Especially on a t-bone. You hit probably the most vulnerable part of the car.

You gotta disagree with what? Supplemental means that they are to supplement the seat belts, not to act independently.

Now, it may be that I am incorrect about the passenger-side airbag being disabled if the front passenger's seat belt is not fastened, but the airbags are not a replacement for the seat belts. The Owner's Guide is quite clear on that subject.

Members online

No members online now.
Back