Replacement Engine

rrrick

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of good reputable places to locate a used engine for an 00 Lincoln LS V8? Will an 02 engine work in there? What about a complete swap and putting in a Mustang engine? Thoughts?

If I were looking for a good used engine I'd contact LKQ. Here is the link to their website:

http://www.lkqonline.com/

As for the engine, all 2000-2002 LS's should interchange engines. As for other engines I'd say no.

If you've got the time and money, do a different motor/trans/rear combo. I wouldn't mind stuffing a 4.6/T-56/4.30 setup in the LS. :D

If you've got the time and money, do a different motor/trans/rear combo. I wouldn't mind stuffing a 4.6/T-56/4.30 setup in the LS. :D

Ive used the sdsefi.com system on a car in the past on a engine swap. Im sure it can be done on the LS as well. Either way your best bet will be a standalone computer to run the engine.

No way would a 4.6 fit in an LS. It's one of the physically largest engines I've ever seen. It is larger than any of the LSx engines used in the Corvettes/Camaros even though they have more displacement.

Check out pictures in my signature for One Lap Of America LS, 4.6L supercharged

It's not the fab work that is the largest issue - the 4.6L will fit if loaded from the bottom. The real issue is mating the electronics and still having a drivable car.

The LS PCM in so integrated with the other seven modules and bus that a stand-alone engine management system will not work (easily). simple things like the guage cluster, the REM (which is also the FPM)... major major major...

It's not the fab work that is the largest issue - the 4.6L will fit if loaded from the bottom. The real issue is mating the electronics and still having a drivable car.
Wait a minute...what I read was that the 4.6L would fit in the LS, but it had to be top-loaded, which prevented it from being used on the assembly line...

ooops - you are right - loaded from the top - the factory stock is loaded from the bottom....

OK, without SERIOUS modification and insane amounts of fabrication, labor, and money, it's not happening. I bet that conversion cost upwards of $10,000.

Performance don't come cheap. How fast you go is directly related to how deep your pockets are - or how good your credit is. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back