Rear Toe Link / Tie Rod / Lateral Bar, options other then ford?

I guess our sales dept rewards its employess in "iCan" money, which can be exchanged for gift cards, Amazon being one of them.

Anyways, one of our sales people had me do struts, sway bar links, and a tie rod end on his 2000 caddy deville, and he paid me with Amazon gift cards, which was fine by me, as I was already planning to do the exhaust.

He actually told me one of his friends was going to do it, but he didnt have the cash to pay him... and I was like, well ya know, if you're lucky, some people will do the work for things other than cash, like say 2 magnaflow mufflers, 2 tips, and a case of beer. I was just kidding, but he ended up taking me up on the offer, so for a few hours of work, I built my exhaust!

I got them in hand today. Get my SS lines back later too. Guess I'll have a busy weekend :)

Ok guys, I want to make sure that fixes the vibration. Kumba if you just got yours from Tasca, then I might give them another chance to locate a pair for me... They are the cheapest around for them.

Ok guys, I want to make sure that fixes the vibration. Kumba if you just got yours from Tasca, then I might give them another chance to locate a pair for me... They are the cheapest around for them.

Order to Delivery was around 2-weeks. So don't expect them anytime soon. I'll get them in this weekend if not before. Depends on how my week goes :)

I am getting creaking noises from my rear end, but no vibration yet. All of my boots are blown out. Are you guys getting any noise?

Im getting the metal on metal squeaking... so I replaced my pass side with the junkyard part, and no more squeaking, but now I have play on that side :(

lol, I try and post Tasca whenever questions like this come up and it seems like everyone still continues on with Maxx of Fast Parts...even though they are more expensive.

For the record... It is Max of Chapman Ford (five star ford in the past) Tasca ford sells at 10 over and I mostly match or beat their price, Plus I dont take you order and say good by, so that is worth a little something. I do not ever dis anyone here or any where so.....

Max

PS
Those rods are back ordered til mid july or beg of aug and Tasca shows no stock of the OE part either. There are a few around here and there and a pair came to me and I sold them right off to someone on my list.

I posted a thread in your section a few weeks ago asking for a p/n and price for these links, but no response... I know you guys are busy, and I'd rather go through you for them... but I checked FPN and saw they listed them... that is all :)

what would our price be on these? (I picked one up at a junkyard that will hopefully last me 6 months or so.)

I posted a thread in your section a few weeks ago asking for a p/n and price for these links, but no response... I know you guys are busy, and I'd rather go through you for them... but I checked FPN and saw they listed them... that is all :)

what would our price be on these? (I picked one up at a junkyard that will hopefully last me 6 months or so.)

They would not come close on matching the price of any part I have asked about in the past few years, either. YMMV :rolleyes:

They would not come close on matching the price of any part I have asked about in the past few years, either. YMMV :rolleyes:

I feel like max is a member on here, I don't know what he drives, but he comes and posts and he is very very helpful at answering part questions just to get things straightened out. My business goes to max because I value good communication and great customer service.

Maxx has always treated me right including finding me a backordered door lock actuator. I have stopped using my local dealer and have been buying from Maxx for years now. I missed a shipment from him once (lost in US mail...) and he resent me the part no questions asked. I havent shopped around for prices much between my dealer and Maxx. At least when I want an OEM part. I will be needing some suspension parts soon though, so I hope they will be in stock!!

Not to jump on the band wagon, but now I need a set. :rolleyes:

My car has had a slight wandering feeling in the back here lately and slight shimmy. After seeing this thread I took the rear wheels off and, yep, mine have about an 1/8 of play. I guess I'll be looking around too.

I have a friend I was just talking to today who has his own lathe in his garage. He makes all sorts of aluminum bushings for the Lexus SC300 and one off spacers and such. I wonder if this is something that can have an aluminum bushing pressed in? I'll have to take a closer look.

It seems these have been in short supply for some time now. Six months ago I hit a curb with my right rear wheel in a snowstorm spin. The tie rod was bent and it took my mechanic nearly two weeks to locate one.

It seems these have been in short supply for some time now. Six months ago I hit a curb with my right rear wheel in a snowstorm spin. The tie rod was bent and it took my mechanic nearly two weeks to locate one.

With the LS only being out of production for 5 years and we are already in short supply in some areas as far as parts go, what will it be in another 10?

With the LS only being out of production for 5 years and we are already in short supply in some areas as far as parts go, what will it be in another 10?

Probably just have to make something else work and give up on the passive 4-wheel steering. That would be my guess.

We will probably have to end up approaching aftermarket part producers to see if they will make them ie: AC Delco, Moog, Federal, Sachs etc

OK, the rear toe-link/lateral-bar/tie-rod (also heard it called an alignment link today) combined with replacing my worn swaybar endlinks in the rear has gotten rid of my high-speed (70+ mph) vibration.

I do still have a humm at 80+mph, but it does not shake the car or come through the seat like the vibration did at 70. Pretty sure that's just the driveshaft though. A high speed humm is not altogether unheard of. I got plans for that thing anyways :)

Handling is much better. Car feels stiffer and more precise. Best part is I don't hear any more knocking coming from the trunk.

So, that's my report. I still do not know if swaybar end links or the lateral bar fixed my issue, or both, but the vibration that was shaking the car is now gone.

For all of you that order from Tasca, Just to let you know my history with them as I live 10 min down the road from them. I have had mixed fellings with Tasca Ford, I went to them to get a quote for them to do my swaybar bushings and they asked if I could live with the banging noise, second I found a front plate frame on thier ebay site and called them to see if I could purchase it and they said no I wouold have to order it from ebay and have it shippped, If they say they have it instock why can't I just go get it. The only good thing I can say is that their parts dept is open till midnight so if I am working on the car and something breaks I can go to them and get it if they have it instock. which brings me to my day today. I need to replace my clockspring and I called them, no one answered the phone after 4 calls so couldn't get the part. Called another local ford dealer and guess what the have it instock so I am picking it up in the am. granted $154 plus tax but it's gotta be done. If you are looking for another dealer to order from google FLOODFORD in East Greenwich RI. never had a prob with them and they are helpful like Max.

Here is the response I got from Deeza Chassis....

From: Koray Kuru, Deeza Chassis Parts [mailto:koray.kuru@deezachassis.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 9:09 AM
To: Lange, Thomas
Cc: 'Deeza Chassis Web Page'
Subject: RE: Deeza Chassis

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your email and your suggestion about the addition of the Rear Toe (Alignment) Link of Lincoln LS 2000 to 2006. Are you talking about the number 6 in the image below (Lincoln Part# 6W4Z5B551AA)? Or some other part? This might be something we can add to our range and we will review it further.

[image from shop manual referencing rear suspension, number 6 is in fact the toe link]

Koray Kuru
Deeza Chassis Parts

How about fabricating the links from DOM tubing and some Heim joints? Might not be so quiet without any rubber for isolation, but you'd get precision in return.

KS

How about fabricating the links from DOM tubing and some Heim joints? Might not be so quiet without any rubber for isolation, but you'd get precision in return.

KS

Goes along the lines of what I was saying. Give up on the passive 4-wheel steer and put something in there that is going to last. If you eliminated all the rubber then you might end up with the alignment changing as the suspension flexes and the rear wheels load since the control arms have rubber bushings. How much is another question and it might not be enough to worry about.

OK, the rear toe-link/lateral-bar/tie-rod (also heard it called an alignment link today) combined with replacing my worn swaybar endlinks in the rear has gotten rid of my high-speed (70+ mph) vibration.

I do still have a humm at 80+mph, but it does not shake the car or come through the seat like the vibration did at 70. Pretty sure that's just the driveshaft though. A high speed humm is not altogether unheard of. I got plans for that thing anyways :)

Handling is much better. Car feels stiffer and more precise. Best part is I don't hear any more knocking coming from the trunk.

So, that's my report. I still do not know if swaybar end links or the lateral bar fixed my issue, or both, but the vibration that was shaking the car is now gone.

I'm glad to hear this! I just wish I could get ahold of the toe-links. I tried having Tasca track down a set again for me and still no luck. I might just have to wait until they are available again since they are currently backordered.

Members online

No members online now.
Back