Quick exhaust question.

Upstairs Chris

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just won an ebay auction for the Magnaflow 16678 catback kit but I haven't paid for it yet. I discovered conflicting reports as to if that kit will fit on an 06. I just lifted the car to check and the piping looks exactly like the layout of the 16678 kit. I don't have this mysterious 3rd cat that some people have. Just wondering if someone had any knowledge on why this kit is sometimes listed as an 00-05 only and other times as an 00-06.

I have a feeling they just didn't update the list. Their isn't any changes between an 05 and a 06 exhaust is there? For example, the magnaflow website doesn't list any kits for a 2006, yet this instruction picture clearly lists this kit for 2002-2006 LS's. http://www.magnaflow.com/07techtips/pdfs/16678.pdf

Thanks in advance.

Bonus points for people who can recommend good/cheap catalytic converters (if that is even a thing)

I just won an ebay auction for the Magnaflow 16678 catback kit but I haven't paid for it yet. I discovered conflicting reports as to if that kit will fit on an 06. I just lifted the car to check and the piping looks exactly like the layout of the 16678 kit. I don't have this mysterious 3rd cat that some people have. Just wondering if someone had any knowledge on why this kit is sometimes listed as an 00-05 only and other times as an 00-06.

I have a feeling they just didn't update the list. Their isn't any changes between an 05 and a 06 exhaust is there? For example, the magnaflow website doesn't list any kits for a 2006, yet this instruction picture clearly lists this kit for 2002-2006 LS's. http://www.magnaflow.com/07techtips/pdfs/16678.pdf

Thanks in advance.

Bonus points for people who can recommend good/cheap catalytic converters (if that is even a thing)

Your cats should be fine. When Magnaflow prototyped the system on "my" V6 I asked about high-flow cats. Their flow engineer told me that Ford already used a high-flow cat.

Yes, it will fit. The system for '00-'02 had turn-down tips. Your picture looks like it has the '03-'06 straight-back tips. FWIW, neither of my '06s have that crossover (it isn't a cat); they have the same basic (tips being different and possibly the mufflers) system as on my daughter's '00.

Members online

No members online now.
Back