Picture time, Slammed

MarkOfDeath

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a lower kit from Ray Urso, works real great, Only 35 dollars too. I love it. took about 2 hours to install.

Zback.jpg

Zmodular.jpg

Zslammdback.jpg

Zslammdfront.jpg

zslammdfront2.jpg

Zslammrear.jpg

MarkOfDeath said:
I just bought a lower kit from Ray Urso, works real great, Only 35 dollars too. I love it. took about 2 hours to install.

Cool... more info on the "kit" please

I use to get people coming up to me about my exhuast, the other day I was at the gas station and this guy came up to me and said, "hey is this that hot rod lincoln? me and my buddy think it sounds badass." Now there was a big crowd at a parking lot, you know the show offs/ street racers. As I was pulling in,I hit the switch, Pssssssssssssssh. then about 12 seconds later its slammed. everyone though it was badass. some got mad because I only spent 35 dollars, and my one friend was like now were can I buy one of these lincolns. it was a fun night, thanks ray

Do you have one of Eddie's Spyder Valves yet? If not, I would recommend it. Not only will the car go down faster, but with the spyder valve you can hear the pssssssssssssssssssst even louder. THEN, if you take the muffler off of the spyder valve it is even LOUDER. It scares the hell out of ppl when I hit it......it makes them whip their heads around.

Looks good man.......glad I could help!

seanklsc said:
Cool... more info on the "kit" please

Kale was the originator for this, I just made it easier for even the novice to install (sorry Kale). The kit that I have allows you to hit one switch to lower the car to the ground....as you saw with MarkofDeath's car (Brad), my car, and jdlmkviii's (Jimmy) car too. You hit the switch and it actuates (opens) the solenoids for each suspension airbag, and the vent in the compressor allowing all of the air to be released out of the suspension airbags........giving you a SWAEEEEEEET parking lot stance. It amazes almost everyone....you do have your sceptics EVERYWHERE you go. But, it allows the car to sit on the ground.

The kit I sell is $35 (including shipping) and is all prewired, all you have to do is pull your interior apart (prolly the hardest part of the job) and install the kit...put the car back together.....and Viola.......awesome parking lot stance.

If anyone is interested in one of these either inbox me here, or you can email me at wykdmk8@hotmail.com and I will get one set up for ya and sent out.

Hope that answers your question.

omgitfell.jpg

omgitfell1.jpg

barneylow.jpg

Last edited:
It takes about a minute and a half to fully refill, But however you dont need to wait till its fully refill to drive away. just take it slow till its full.

Any ways I made a super light weight bracket for the switch. take a look.

Like I said before I can make about any type of bracket for you, for the switch bracket like you see, made out of light weight aluim, For just the plate, its 5 dollars and for polished its 10.

Xbefore.jpg

Xoak.jpg

XShine.jpg

Xside.jpg

XSpeed.jpg

That's what my car looked like when I bought it. lol

So now what about the stress on the compressor trying to air up the front bags with the weight of the engine on it?

you dont slam the car everyday or everytime you park it just when your at a car show or car club meet or when your showing off

MarkOfDeath said:
you dont slam the car everyday or everytime you park it just when your at a car show or car club meet or when your showing off

Not if you're Ray, LOL. I've never seen his car parked at the normal height.

I just put in a reserve tank in my trunk so I slam it about everytime, it takes about 15 to 20 seconds to raise

MarkOfDeath said:
I realized that after I posted, having seen the switch for it and all.

NYC LSC said:

So now what about the stress on the compressor trying to air up the front bags with the weight of the engine on it?

It does add a bit more stress on the compressor, not much, but some. Think of it this way...when you drive on the highway...and you speed up and slow down the car raises/lowers......or if you go over like 60 or 65 (do not remember what speed the car lowers itself....maybe someone can chime in and remind me what that speed actually is) it lowers, and when you go below those speeds it raises. I know my car raises and lowers ALOT....basically I speed all the time and I go over the speed necessary for the car to lower itself.....so as I slow down to the normal limit it raises itself back to ride height (sensor lowered of course). BUT, because there will be NO air in the suspension it will add some stress on the compressor.

Hope that explains it a bit better.......

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
looking good, very low indeed!

This one is a bit lower (even though I do not own this car any longer......) the purple car I have will be this low, if not lower when I get done......

draggin1.jpg

draggin2.jpg

draggin3.jpg

1wykdmk8 said:
This one is a bit lower (even though I do not own this car any longer......) the purple car I have will be this low, if not lower when I get done......

think you can convert it to work with a MK VII?

dicker said:
think you can convert it to work with a MK VII?

I am pretty sure that I can....I have the schematics.....if you give me some time I will try to figure it out......

I have a major priority with my car right now (broken down) so it will take some time.

NYC LSC said:

A good strong rebuilt unit from American Air Suspension, aka Eddie Spinks, will have no problem with these duties. I have had one of his compressors filling a 5 gallon tank for the last two years and it hasn't skipped a beat. I now have two compressors filling a bigger, seven gallon tank, but the stock Mark VIII comressor is one helluva workhorse.

Generally speaking, I slam my car everytime I park and I drive my car everywhere I go. We're talking thousands of fills and she's still huffin' and puffin! :)

Kale

1wykdmk8 said:
I am pretty sure that I can....I have the schematics.....if you give me some time I will try to figure it out......

I have a major priority with my car right now (broken down) so it will take some time.

im definately interested, and patient

Very interesting thread....am I understanding this right....is this just some extra wires & switched using the stock suspention?

not really sure if i'd actually want this on my car...just curious more than anything....but do the caddies work the same way at all?

Would this work on say a 1992 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coup?

Members online

No members online now.
Back