Opinions please

DMcBrideBoston

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Just dropped car off at dealer as I have oil in number 1 cylinder well, along with some misfiring coils. The valve cover gaskets were replaced by same dealer 6 months ago. I am pretty sure the pass side vcg let go again or something.

I want to know if there is a possibility the oil in the cylinder well is NOT caused, by a leaking VC gasket ?

I am just worried the dealer will try and :q:q:q:q me and tell me it's oil for some other reason, any thoughts...

Thanks

Dave

I think that's the ONLY way oil can get in there.. That's the specific reason of the gaskets.

only way, unless you took the cover off and poured it in there yourself. I dont think you would do something like that.:N :shifty:

awesome, at least if they try to screw me I will take it as far up the dealership chain as I need to...

Thanks guys, I feel better now..

on a side note they have me in a 07 Mercury Montego Premier.....pretty nice whip for 30K...the 3.0 V6 doesn't have enough umpf though...lol

Unbelieveable, they just called me and said the gaskets are not leaking. They said whoever did my last oil change spilled oil on the valve covers and it leaked into the #1 cylinder.....

WHHHAAAAT!?!?!?!? spilled oil on the covers and that's how it got in???

I'm calling :bsflag:

NickLS said:
WHHHAAAAT!?!?!?!? spilled oil on the covers and that's how it got in???

I'm calling :bsflag:

Well, I will clean everything out when I get the car back today, change all plugs and coils.....and if oil is in there again real soon, and I will make sure I check beofre 12K miles is up, I'll bring it right the hell back.

Well, I am out 159.00 for the "Diagnostic check" imagine that..to pull codes is 159.00, unreal.....

The more I think of this, is the oil fill on the passenger side of the car, where # 1 cylinder is?

right - #1 is front passenger side. Filler tube rear driver's side....

Pulling codes is $159??? Last time I thought that Autozone did it for FREE!!

But even a diagnostic "CHECK" (keyword being just checking) costs $159? What did they check and do nothing about?

I paid $120.00 at the Nissan dealer to pull the codes, they did credit it to the replacement of the failed part they found when it came in a week later...I thought that was fair, so for $245.00 I got the egr control sol. diag'd and replaced and that is in Scottsdale AZ!!...We could not diag it (quest/villager) here due to a special harness required, and I would have paid for both the diag and the replacement!

Lol, I have an Xcal 2...I knew the codes already. The charge was to verify wether or not the VCG's were leaking. The mechanic said he pulled all plugs and coils, there was no oil in any of the cylinder wells. There was oil in the #1 coil hole on top of the plug and drenching the coil. Which led him to conclusion of oil change :q:q:q:q up.

Either way, I have the car back now, 6 coils and 8 plugs and I am gonna fix it all myself....if problem returns with oil, I will go to different Lincoln dealer to verify, if they say VCG is leaking, then I will flip the :q:q:q:q out and go back to Clark and White.

The 159.00 charge is charged in all cases and unavoidable....

Now to go to work in 32 degree weather....I know I am gonna get sick again...this sucks.....:q:q:q:q Lincoln, Ford Mercury...I love the cars, but jesus can they make one that doesn't have so many damn repeatitive problems...

/Vent....sorry guys, just pissed off I need to go freeze my ass off now..

40 minutes and cylinders 1-4 are done....all new coils and plugs....Oil in number 1 cylinder was completly cleaned before coil and plug change....so if it comes back again....I guess I'll know they were lying...

Off to do cylinders 5-8......Boy is this side gonna suck...lol - this'll prolly take 2 hours...

I live in Mass. What dealership did you go to so that I can avoid it like the plague?

5.7sbc said:
I live in Mass. What dealership did you go to so that I can avoid it like the plague?

lol, Clark and White Lincoln Mercury on Washington Street in Newton.

Well, my hands are forzen, bleeding and dirty, but I am done for the day...I could not remove the # 8 cylinder plug. I will attemp the last plug on a warmer day. But I have no misfires and showing only a P1000 code now.

On a side note: I forgot how fast this lincoln is when working correctly....first time I could feel difference in LSK intake tube, since I had a misfire since I put it on....1 word = dope!

00ls-sport said:
glad the car is fixed dave. you seems to always have problems....no matter what vehicle!!!

Lol, thanks Jon....

I did blow up the last one with a 100 shot....

I can't wait to gas this one up....hehehehe

Dave

DMcBrideBoston said:
Lol, thanks Jon....

I did blow up the last one with a 100 shot....

I can't wait to gas this one up....hehehehe

Dave

i still have that nitrous setup in my basement if interested. purge kit too. never installed it onto my ls.

Members online

No members online now.
Back