Off to Lou's Custom Exhaust

DMcBrideBoston

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
for 2.5" Dual Flowmaster 40's with an X Pipe...Approx pric eis 450 quoted....

Labor time about 90 minutes....

Back around 1pm, If I can I will get a you tube video up today, but its snowing so who knows...

Dave

I'm Stoked...

hell yeah let us know how that sounds. Im thinking about doing the same setup.

Thats the setup I am switching to. Just waiting for the free stuff from Flow master. Post up that video if you get a chance.

Just got back, sounds amazing...I love it.

Decided against the X Pipe and went with no resonators. Working on video

Set of 5 Pics

IMG_0119.gif

IMG_0123.gif

IMG_0121.gif

IMG_0124.gif

IMG_0125.gif

DMcBrideBoston said:
Just got back, sounds amazing...I love it.

Decided against the X Pipe and went with no resonators. Working on video

Sounds like he went without it. What is the benefit to doing this?

Vivid LS said:
Sounds like he went without it.

Sounds it to me, too, which I'm sure that's why Nick was asking. Not digging the sound...sounds like straight pipes and no mufflers. As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

:Beer

Vivid LS said:
Sounds like he went without it. What is the benefit to doing this?

Well I was told by the owner of the shop that an X pipe would give it a real raspy sound, and I wanted to avoid it. An H pipe will probably be inserted later on to quiet it down, it is damn loud; but I do like the sound now.

HAHA, your MPG reading went from 16.4 to 16.3....this car is so damn thirsty!!!

Which Lou's did you go to?

THat's cool, I hope you get a vid from the outside too, maybe a driveby or drive-off.

DMcBrideBoston said:
Well I was told by the owner of the shop that an X pipe would give it a real raspy sound, and I wanted to avoid it. An H pipe will probably be inserted later on to quiet it down, it is damn loud; but I do like the sound now.

The H-pipe and X-pipe are there to improve performance, that they change the sound to a smoother resonance is incidental. They have the same effect on performance that a slightly larger diameter pipe would have. There have been studies that an H-pipe works better at low rpm and the X-pipe works better at high rpm, but both improve performance over the entire range.

The loudness you're experiencing is probably coming from the downturned pipes bouncing sound back into the underside of the car and back into the cabin. This was the same problem with the stock magnaflow system. It's much quieter with straight pipes that go out past the rear vanance.

Members online

Back