New (used) Lincoln owner

BadinBlack

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey,

My name is Dave and I'm the new owner of a black, fully loaded 2001 Lincoln Continental. This is the second Lincoln Continental that I have owned. A couple years ago I briefly owned a cream color 99 Continental with the more basic trim package. I bought this one from a used car dealership for $4600 out the door, the car has 80,000 miles and literally every single option in the book. It's not 100% showroom perfect (has some small scratches/scrapes and a few other issues) but drives smoothly and looks quite nice overall for a 13 year old car. Pics are posted here. Let me know what you think of it. ** I bought those killer floormats at Autozone by the way (the only place I have ever seen them sold).

I'm also curious as to how you all think I did in the price department with this car. The dealer was selling it for $4900 but in the ad that they posted for it on Craigslist they accidentally listed the price for a 97 Continental that they were also selling ($3000). Because of this mistake they knocked off a thousand for me. Pricing for 98-02 Continentals seem to vary widely with private parties selling fairly good (or fairly bad condition) Continentals for around $3000 and dealers selling ones similar to my car for between $4 and 8K. Overall I like this car though there are some issues that will need to be addressed on it in the near future. But what the hell I figure you can't go wrong with a big, black, chromed out 90's land yacht like a Lincoln Continental.

P1420953.jpg

P1420952.jpg

P1420948.jpg

P1420947.jpg

P1420945.jpg

P1420942.jpg

P1420941.jpg

P1420932.jpg

P1420924.jpg

P1420923.jpg

P1420922.jpg

P1420920.jpg

P1420914.jpg

P1420911.jpg

P1420909.jpg

P1420908.jpg

P1420906.jpg

P1420904.jpg

Your car has the Luxury Appearance Package, a pretty rare find. It became the Collector's Edition option in 2002 but everything is basically the same. That gives you the wood steering wheel, painted grille, 2-tone seats, and the 6-spoke chrome wheels.

I bought my car for the same reason: it was simply the most car I could find in that price range. Why get a beater Honda when I can get a loaded luxury car with a real engine?

I agree with what you said about the last generation Continental, it's probably the most car you can get for your money under $8k. I was looking at your red 2000 Continental, it has one of the cleanest paint jobs that I have ever seen on an older Lincoln. Is that the original paint or did you have your car repainted? I would like to repaint mine that same shade of toreador red at some point in the future when I have some extra cash.

It's all factory original. I have to assume the original owners kept it garaged. CarFax shows they lived just an hour north of me so it was never kept in a salt state. I keep it clean and wax it a couple times a year.

Unlike most cars owned by older people, there are no door dings either. I always park far away but I can't imagine the first owner did. The front bumper has a lot of specks from road debris so I might get it repainted one day. The rest of the panels are spotless.

It just turned 92k miles yesterday!

Get some cleanser and a small brush and hit those chrome rims really good.

They will look amazing when you're done.

I have identical factory chrome rims on my black 1999 Continental.

Members online

No members online now.
Back