new forum member - LS rocks!

rmf33_ls

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

New member...finally had to go looking for a site to find some info recently and absolutely love it here!

I'm on my 2nd LS now. My mother worked at a Ford dealer so I first got a 2000 V8 off a Ford lease that had like 25K and drove it to 105K...other than a tranny sensor and general maintenance I had no issues and loved it and got another one! I had bought the extended warranty to 100K and decided I'd not press my luck much further for no reason. Plus a 2005 V8 with all the options came in off a Ford exec lease and I jumped on that as it only had 28K on it and was 2 years old at the time. I've had it since then and now am up to about 110K.

But it has not been as peachy this time around for my wallet.....had to replace all the coils in seperate instances between 60 and 70K.....was costly as had it done at the dealer. Had the window washer pump go. Last year had to have the rear bumper replaced as someone backed into me at the movies...at least their insurance paid. In April I had to have the tranny rebuilt as 2nd-3rd wasn't engaging. Got a decent deal and a 3 yr warranty from a local tranny place I researched, but still added to the bills. Just had the upper radiator hose go last week and being unemployed replaced it myself. This is when I found the site as I was looking for parts info. Now I just had my passenger window go yesterday...starts up about an inch and then stops and returns down....will be opening the door tomorrow hopefully and hoping it is an easy fix such as a clip. If anyone knows of anything I should watch out for in taking the door apart shoot it over! (also, does anyone know if the stock radio has any pre-outs with it...or just speaker wire only back to the rear amp?...I have a sweet speaker box with 2 12W4 JL Audio subs and a Rockford amp I wouldn't mind adding in)

Despite all this I still love the LS...even being in NH with the winter snow. The solid weight balancing and select-shift gets it done as long as I'm not out during peak snow times. I also recommend the Continental conti-extreme tires...on my 2nd pair and love them more than the stock or the bridgestone's I tried once. I usually try to replace my cars around 110K, but am at a lost for what I'll do for my next car with the LS no longer made.......so with they'd bring it back! Not a fan of the new Lincoln models, nor anything else out there really right now. Will have to stick with my LS longer I guess and get used to fixing more on my own!

Members online

No members online now.
Back