Need Tips on Removing Intake Tube

DMcBrideBoston

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
There are 3 or so little clip type things I need to take off to remove my intake tube, I can't really tool around with it for more than 5 m inutes at a time as I am at work so any direction would be great. In case you wonder why, I am trying to install the LSK Tube, so I can feel the benefits on my ride home tonight after work, and its a hot 47 degrees out now...no time like the present..

Thanks

Dave

squeeze really hard, and wiggle it off. there are textured parts on opposite sides, squeeze them at the same time. #3 was kind of hard to put back on, had to shave the hose where its going to go into the intake a little, wouldnt do it at work unless you have a sharp knife or file. maybe it was just me, but you never know.

I have a sharp knife and alot of other tools as well....

Thanks for the idea...

I am gonna take a lil break and run out there and try to take the whole tube off.....then I'll take another break later to put it on...:D

Dave

That came off very esily.....now on my next "break" in bout an hour or so I'll go install it...

Thanks Peoples

D

Drove it for a few short minutes to the store, all under 25mph, but froma dead stop and gun it to 25, it's really loud....I mean real loud.....Can't wait for the exhaust mod next....

D

Thanks Guys

Like I've said before, I think its the best mod for our cars. The intake is louder than the Magna-Flow exhaust so if your looking for the exhaust to be abit louder, go custom. At least from inside the car it seems louder.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
Like I've said before, I think its the best mod for our cars. The intake is louder than the Magna-Flow exhaust so if your looking for the exhaust to be abit louder, go custom. At least from inside the car it seems louder.

Thanks for the tip...I am going custom. Custom Mandrel bent 2.5" with Flowmaster 40's.

Some people have that "BOOM BOOM" mentality that they HAVE to be heard a mile away or set off car alarms, or even get people to "want to race"...

Not that I understand that mentality, but it's out there :)

I just want the sound of the V8, thats all....I wanna know I have an 8...plain and simple

that powerful growl...= badass

Members online

No members online now.
Back