need advice

defflepp1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
so right now i am really putting some thought into weather or not i should keep my mark. i now this is a mark forum so most are going to say keep it but i need some real advice. its a 1994 Mark VIII (go figure) 145000 miles, interior in good shape, has most options, sunroof, cd changer, TC, all the good stuff. exterior in good shape paint wise no major dents or anything. i paid 1500 for it and as of now I've put about 800 into in just repairs, that don't seem like a lot, but when you consider i am only working part time that a lot.
now the problems with it are, needs ball joints, alignment, ignition coils, O2 sensors, brakes. Then there are the problems that cant really be fixed like, it was in a front end wreak and i think its called the core support right in front of the radiator was very crapily spot welded in and all around in the engine bay the metal is bent and wrinkled and rusting, and because of that none of the front panels fit right right. There are also some electrical problems that cause lights not to work even with new bulbs. also how do these cars handle the snow, this would be the first RWD car i would have to drive in the snow. i just really need some peoples thought about if i should keep it or not

part it out, sounds like a junk box to me. just being honest. If the car was in a bad accident and never fixed properly, you will never get it aligned correctly.

im with blacklsc i say part it out and with the money that you make from parts plus some extra cash you can jump into a Gen2. I know some member would say otherwise but I like gen2's ive owned 2 of them and non have given me any major problems. To me a car with all those problems is not worth fixing. I mean if it only was front suspension issues that could be fixed with new control arms bushings ect ect.....but you also have electrical issues and thats something major. God knows where the problem is coming from and if you get lucky and get that fixed, then you have that front end damage plus coil packs and o2 sensors. Get rid of it while you still can.....just my 2 cents.

so right now i am really putting some thought into weather or not i should keep my mark. i now this is a mark forum so most are going to say keep it but i need some real advice. its a 1994 Mark VIII (go figure) 145000 miles, interior in good shape, has most options, sunroof, cd changer, TC, all the good stuff. exterior in good shape paint wise no major dents or anything. i paid 1500 for it and as of now I've put about 800 into in just repairs, that don't seem like a lot, but when you consider i am only working part time that a lot.
now the problems with it are, needs ball joints, alignment, ignition coils, O2 sensors, brakes. Then there are the problems that cant really be fixed like, it was in a front end wreak and i think its called the core support right in front of the radiator was very crapily spot welded in and all around in the engine bay the metal is bent and wrinkled and rusting, and because of that none of the front panels fit right right. There are also some electrical problems that cause lights not to work even with new bulbs. also how do these cars handle the snow, this would be the first RWD car i would have to drive in the snow. i just really need some peoples thought about if i should keep it or not

These are not cars for the snow.

Unless you actually want a project car that will cost a fair amount to fix over time, then part out, save and get a clean southern car down the road!

ok so can someone give me a list of the parts that would be worth taking out. and if any needs parts i might have them

ok so can someone give me a list of the parts that would be worth taking out. and if any needs parts i might have them

There is a parts for sale section on this forum.

Just post that you have a car to part out, and let folks ask you for the parts. :)

Oh, and you'll be pulling a lot of parts...:D

With those miles and problems - crash damage especially, nobody on here will buy that for $2500. You could part out on here, but you'd have better luck getting decent money for the whole car if you sold it locally.

These cars are great in the snow if you know how
To drive its what I drive in the winter
Your car sound like a DD just keep it on the road and
get another one to mod

Yup, parting it is the best bet. Can always find a nice one somewhere for less then what you could make parting the one you have.

Members online

No members online now.
Back