My latest problem: Air Ride Message

95Pred8r

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
If anybody is keeping track, My Mark has decided to be a piece of crap lately. My alternator problem continues - its working for now but I still have a 130 Amp voltage regulator in it and it's wound for 200 Amps, so the regulator doesn't stand a chance. I'm open to any alternatives on that one. Now I have a brand new problem, my check air ride message comes up, and the front end crashes if I park it for more than an hour or so. Is that bad bags or what? Something tells me this one is going to be spendy. Are air ride parts the same for a 94 and a 95? Finally, There was somebody (Torquemonkey maybe)that told me about a guy who refurbishes air ride parts?

HELP!!! I'm going nuts here. I'd like to have it fixed before I park it for the winter.

Eric, check with Eddie Spinks at www.americanairsuspension.com he refurbishes air ride parts, his user name here is ( American Air-1 ). He will make you a good deal on the parts you might need and give you good advice.

Eric,

If you can get your bags pumped up once they are up in your driveway turn off the switch in the trunk. This will determine if your problem is your bags or something else.

In most cases it's the bags.

Go to Eddie's web page. He's got a great page on trouble shooting what's wrong.

Next, how much are you in love with your air ride? If the air ride is causing problems I'd change it over to springs. You'll be done with any air ride issues.

In my opinion, air ride is great for a new car, but once it's past it's prime you'll save more money with the conversion.

Eddie at American Air Suspension (note Pepps link) is very good and will answer the phone and talk to you.

He also offers a 2 year warrantee on his parts.

He sells Ref-OEM Ford parts and also new Strutmaster's or Arnot parts.

Eddie's service is the best you can't go wrong.

If you want to test drive a Conversion come on down for the weekend. I have 2 Mark VIII's with conversions. One standard, and one Lowered.

The conversion improves handling.

Thanks everyone! I'll be giving you a call, Rich, but probably not until the weekend. My schedule and yours don't really mesh well.

95Pred8r said:
Hey Frat-man-du, any idea how many amps that Cobra alternator is?
Not off the top, just drop Geno a PM and see if he was the one with the Cobra Alt.

Thanks guys. 130 probably wont do it. Isn't that about what ours are anyway? Anyone know of a drop in replacement that can do 180+? Also still curious about if 94 and 95 bags, and other suspension parts for that matter, are interchangeable.

95Pred8r said:
Thanks guys. 130 probably wont do it. Isn't that about what ours are anyway? Anyone know of a drop in replacement that can do 180+? Also still curious about if 94 and 95 bags, and other suspension parts for that matter, are interchangeable.

The bags interchange from 93 to 98 and according to Eddie the Gen 1 Bags are better Chicken LOL....

Members online

No members online now.
Back