Mean Streets Car Show - Austin, TX

Quik LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Entered Quik in a car show yesterday - Mean Streets hosted at Bikini's Bar and Grill.

We won - Best in Class - Late Model Domestic. Finished second for best of show....

DSCF2885.jpg

DSCF2820.jpg

DSCF2821.jpg

DSCF2822.jpg

DSCF2823.jpg

DSCF2824.jpg

DSCF2825.jpg

DSCF2826.jpg

DSCF2827.jpg

DSCF2828.jpg

DSCF2829.jpg

DSCF2830.jpg

DSCF2831.jpg

DSCF2832.jpg

DSCF2833.jpg

DSCF2834.jpg

DSCF2835.jpg

DSCF2836.jpg

DSCF2837.jpg

DSCF2838.jpg

DSCF2840.jpg

DSCF2841.jpg

DSCF2842.jpg

DSCF2843.jpg

DSCF2844.jpg

DSCF2845.jpg

DSCF2846.jpg

DSCF2847.jpg

DSCF2853.jpg

DSCF2854.jpg

DSCF2856.jpg

DSCF2857.jpg

DSCF2858.jpg

DSCF2860.jpg

DSCF2861.jpg

DSCF2862.jpg

DSCF2863.jpg

DSCF2865.jpg

DSCF2866.jpg

DSCF2869.jpg

DSCF2870.jpg

DSCF2873.jpg

DSCF2878.jpg

DSCF2879.jpg

DSCF2849.jpg

DSCF2850.jpg

DSCF2852.jpg

DSCF2859.jpg

DSCF2867.jpg

DSCF2880.jpg

Damn, nice. Quik, so your LS is a chick magnet too, yea?

Btw, the LS looks like it's some kind of UFO or something..... So who took the first place?

Nice :q ! Wish I had known about it, would have been fun to see some of those rides.

Love the lambos on the dually pickup LOL :burnout:

didnt you have bigger wheels on yours? if not. you should get some. love the supercharger...

Congrats Quik.:Beer

If you don't mind, could I see a picture of your hood? I am curious about your hood vents. I have thought about that mod. Not sure how it would look. thank you.:)

I'm guessing the stereo stuff is removable? That seems like a lot of weight especially since the LS is supposed to have near flat weight balance to start with. 2 of those trucks haven't changed in 2 years since I saw them at a cruise-in when I was home on leave for Christmas.

Damn, didn't even know BBG's was hosting a show. I could have come out, didn't do much yesterday. Congrats Quik.

Congrats Quik.:Beer

If you don't mind, could I see a picture of your hood? I am curious about your hood vents. I have thought about that mod. Not sure how it would look. thank you.:)

here a pic of the hood down...

Hood (Medium).JPG

I'm guessing the stereo stuff is removable? That seems like a lot of weight especially since the LS is supposed to have near flat weight balance to start with.

yep - it pulls out and has a 'quick-connect' to simply unplug it. At the track - it sits under the portable canopy with my spare, tools, jack, ...etc

Great job! I seen some competition for best of show in those shots, thats cool you won 2nd.

Was that FD RX-7 competing?, that thing was sick!

Congrats! The LS almost doesn't look like an LS. It looks like a car ready for the Cannonball Run!!

definitely doesnt need bigger wheels when racing, but some 20's, imho would really set it off. love the car regardless...

sure does.

It seals water tight up against the intake for my CAI (circled in red).

DSCF2226 (2).jpg

Oh I didn't doubt that it was functional, just couldn't see what it mated too. Is the CAI box equipped with a drain?

yep - the air goes through a sealed tunnel - drain out the bottom (hose down to the underskirting) - air come up the top of the tunnel to the camber where the filter is. Mesh on both sides of the tunnel.

Car looks great quick That FD looked pretty damn good too. I have to admit, one thing that bothers me is that when people go out & buy a 60K car (such as the Vette) & then bring it to shows stock.. ack.

im not trying to rain anyone parade and i know ive already stated my opinion, but heres a little more of that humble opinion.

if i was a judge in a show (which im not), no car would place with stock wheels... especially a focus, regardless of engine work/audio/interior mods... and i know there are really, really nice cars sitting on stock wheels/tires... if your still rollin on stockies, no trophies.

am i alone in this opinion?

Members online

No members online now.
Back