Magnaflow/Carsound Cats

I think it was mentioned before that the LS doesn't perform quite that well if you delete the cats, I'm sure it sounds raw but you might wanna check that out first.

nickandersonLS01 said:
I think it was mentioned before that the LS doesn't perform quite that well if you delete the cats

I am trying to add hi flow cats in their place, not delete them...I need to pass a smog test here in mass every two years, so deleting them isn't even an option.

Well, the best way is to just measure them. I don't know that anyone will be able to tell you off the top of their head. And I'm not sure that I'd even attempt this... my guess is the stock units flow well enough as it is; you might get 5HP... is that really worth the cost to buy and install new cats? Then have the guys at the sniffer booth ask why you replaced them during inspection? And keep in mind, federal law only allows replacement of smog equipment when it is no longer fuctional, and you must retain documentation stating as such. You might be getting into a lot more than just replacing cats if you have inspections...

however, if you end up doing it, get before and after dyno runs so everyone can see how it effects your numbers

NateRW21 said:
however, if you end up doing it, get before and after dyno runs so everyone can see how it effects your numbers

That will not be done. I plan on doing the 2.5" exhaust with Flowmaster 40's sometime in the next week or two, and since all my cylinders were misfiring at one time or another, I have a feeling the cats are pretty bad. So it was more a decision to get it done while the exhaust is being done in the first place.

I obviously thought of just measuring it, but I figured I was not the first peson to think of doing this, and being 15 degrees outside, I am not going to jack up car to measure, I just thought someone would already know the answer.

Thanks for the input everyone....

If the cats your going to put on are not direct replacment cats you will have a problem with the o2's. The stock cats have boths o2's in them so you will either have to get direct replacments, or get o2 bungs weld in one before the new cat and one after the new cats and this will have to be done on both sides.

Members online

No members online now.
Back