LS 2002 Interior light fuse

Do you prefer the Mark 8's or the LS?

• Total voters

kuei

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a used 2002 LS. My first LS after years of driving Mark 8's. Anyway. None of the interior lights were coming on. Last night I changed the fuse (#5) in the trunk. Then the lights came back on. Today, the fuse is blown again.
Also, when the car is cold and I have the lights on (parking or headlights) and I step on the brake I get an error message telling me to check right tail light. It does not appear to be burned out. It is only when the tail lights are on. After about 10 minutes of driving it stops doing this.
Any ideas?

Before long, Joe will give you the 'right-on' answer. You may have ground or corroded contact problems, just as a quick thought.

KS

Well, on the blown fuse, you'll have to check the wiring and the interior bulb sockets. The fuse is doing its job and preventing a fire or other damage.

On the bulb out indication, it's probably the right brake light bulb itself. Sometimes, the two (brake light and tail light) filaments touch inside (okay, the filament holders, not the actual filaments) the bulb. I had this happen to me once.

Last edited:
Well, on the blown fuse, you'll have to check the wiring and the interior bulb sockets. The fuse is doing its job and preventing a fire or other damage.

On the bulb out indication, it's probably the right brake light bulb itself. Sometimes, the two (brake light and tail light) filaments touch inside (okay, the filament holders, not the actual filaments) the bulb. I had this happen to me once.

Sounds logical. I'll see what I can find.

I figured out the tail light issue. It ended up being the wireing harness. It looks like someone tried to splice in an aftermarket socket and did not do a very good job. Looks like bare wire may have touched the body. It was getting so hot that it was melting the light housing. I had to use a file to get the socket to fit. I assume they did this because water was in the tail ligh assembly. That needs to be sealed as well.
Ebayers were wanting $30-$120 for the harness. I went to the junk yard for the very first time in my life and picked up 2 of them for a total of $10.
Thanks for the help guys. You got me started in the right area.

whoever pointed you to the junk yard got you started in the right area. could very well prove to be a good friend to you.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back