Looking for radar detector, lidar/laser detector

I too hate the cameras, and feel them to be unconstitutional. What I really hate is how they make intersections less safe, since they cut the yellow time down so much that it causes accidents as people try to avoid running a red light when that light was green not 2 seconds before. If I am ever in an accident at an intersection like that I plan to bring legal action against whatever city installed the light. I suggest anyone else here do the same because a light that goes green to red in 2 seconds is a contributing factor in the accident.

They got caught here shortening the yellow. It is supposed to be a second for every 10 mph of the speed limit, but at every red light camera they shortened the yellow by at least a half second. They were deemed unconstitutional as a speed trap (we have clever lawyers!). Most have since been removed as there is no data supporting their belief that they prevent accidents. We did get an increase in rear-enders as, like you said, people slammed on their brakes to try and not run the light. There are very few camera intersections left.

Members online

Back