Let's go Racing!!!

Dmaup

94m5 wanna be
Reaction score
Well it's getting warm out and I got the bug to hit the track!!!

With that said lets pick a date and a track and see who shows up.

Cordova I know last year was a mess but It was the first weekend they were open and the first Midnight Mayhem of the year so that's why it was so busy.

It was brought up about going to Byron instead since it was about the same distance for most of us "close" ones and closer for a couple others.

Anyway looks like Byron does Test and Tunes on Sat and Sundays depending on whats going on there. There Entry Fee is $25

There is a Midnight Mayhem on the 28th of this month and July 2nd is the next one. Here you can race from 6pm-4am for $35 or 11pm-4am for $20

I'm just throwing it out there and seeing if anyone wants to go.

id say byron, since cordova skimps on track prep and the never cooling down lanes suck. sure byron doesnt have naked girls competing to see who can wave a flag better but they actually prep the track and you can cool down between races, rather than move up a few feet every minute. and the 28th is no good for me

Id be interested in a Byron trip. The 96 hasnt seen much road time this year, so I may bring the Impala. It cant be any slower than the milan (even tho i know there isnt a chance in hell it will b)

28th is no good for me either, but it sounds like fun if I can make it work.

Ok kinda sounds like byron then....any idea of what month we wanna try to do something?

Id be interested in a Byron trip. The 96 hasnt seen much road time this year, so I may bring the Impala. It cant be any slower than the milan (even tho i know there isnt a chance in hell it will b)

i'm pretty sure it'll be quicker than a lot of things, the milan is pretty much the slowest car there every time i've raced...hence being a spectator this time ;)

Pick your date and see who can show up ... I'm booked the weekend of the 13th of Sept. and the 20th of Sept. is my anniversary ... I'm sure Heather would love me to head down to go racing .... LOL

So Find a date ... If my Motorcycle friends can't make the Weekend of the 9th of Oct. I'm baching it that weekend so I'd be free.

http://www.byrondragway.com/Schedule.html
heres byrons schedule, im busy for most of sept, oct had some openings on sundays. they have some stuff on sat but we could go with it, but be warned last time i went with my buddys bonneville club and a subaru club was there with i think around 400 subs so its hit or miss on if they will be busy with another club there. ill have my pda (wife) check the schedule at her job on monday any dates not good in oct for anyone?

Oct is open for me but I'd rather do something sooner but if it wont work for others then I guess I'll have to wait..

Oct is open for me but I'd rather do something sooner but if it wont work for others then I guess I'll have to wait..

later works better for me, then i can make sure this thing is running right before i take it to the track

ok ok heres our options for oct
sun oct 17th they have T&T and the Good times car club, that i didnt find anything local about the club - possibility could be a low turn out
sat the 23rd they have T&T and the heartland drag racers association finals - looks like they are a big group might be busy
sunday the 24th is T&T and the north shore corvette club - another possibility cant get a feel on how big they are
sat the 30th is diesel blackout days and T&T but i see that being kinda busy
then Halloween is open lol but i see that being a problem with some people

so id say either the 17th or the 24th, maybe 17th and the 24th could be out "rain day" that sound good?

17th works for me as a spectator. no money right now to fix my mark for this but it'll be fun anyways

Members online

No members online now.
Back