just a little more woodgrain

conscience

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i think it would look nice to have woodgrain handles above the door. i always have called them 'oh sh1t' handles. but has anyone seen them? know where i can get them?

I have never heard of someone doing that to an LS, but i'm sure it's possible, I think Ken would be the best to ask about it.

Also, What part of KC you from? I'm in Lee's Summit, by Independence and Blue Springs.

conscience said:
i think it would look nice to have woodgrain handles above the door. i always have called them 'oh sh1t' handles. but has anyone seen them? know where i can get them?

I have no clue what you're talking about. "Handles above the door"? What does that mean? Inside? Outside? Are these door handles or "grab-on" handles? My 03 has 3 grab-on handles already.

i'm from up north, near the airport. and im talking about the handles on the inside of the car above all 4 doors.

I guess you are looking for something like this.

These are in BMW 760LI. Good luck finding somethink like that for the LS..

image126_15.jpg

HyeLifeLS said:
Or maybe for something like this.
Mercedes-Benz S600

Hey Artur on my way to work this morning I saw this LS next to me and it had your color Aqua Blue. I had never seen that color before but it was beautiful in the morning sun. It was the non-sport version driven by a middle aged balck woman and was completely stock so it did not look anything like yours, but was nice to finally see that color in person. John

Glad you liked it man, that color is crazy, it changes the color when it is under the sun or in the shadow or something, I love this color.

jk52781 said:
Hey Artur on my way to work this morning I saw this LS next to me and it had your color Aqua Blue. I had never seen that color before but it was beautiful in the morning sun. It was the non-sport version driven by a middle aged balck woman and was completely stock so it did not look anything like yours, but was nice to finally see that color in person. John

HyeLifeLS said:
I guess you are looking for something like this.

These are in BMW 760LI. Good luck finding somethink like that for the LS..

yeah, thats pretty much exactly it. thats the handles im talkin about, but i wouldnt really like the flip down, i want it to be like my handles are now, with the wood grain. i guess its not a regular product. any ideas/pointers, or ways to fabricate somethin like that? know anyone who could/does?

ask ken greyghost where he sent his steering wheel to and then send oyu handles there. but its gonna be alot for such a small mod.

why not just start with a chunk of wood and a scroll saw? sounds like a fun and rewarding winter project...

Members online

Back