is it worth it 2 fix the LS

Fix it or let it pass?

• Total voters

LS_KiNG

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey as of now my brother has an LS that is sitting up in his driveway in NY which i have been trying to get for the past 3 months but my brothers are not helping me cause they just keep telling me its not worth to fix so i figured ill ask other LS owners if they think i really should fix it or just let it pass...what do u think?? as of now it has been side swipped soo i need to get to side doors which i can get for about 1g plus then gotta get the side fixed and it also needs a clutch...the only problem is it has been sitting in the driveway for about 2 yrs now and will not start so there may be other problems...im guessin it needs a battery to start then i was hoping to get the X-caliber and try to see wut any other problems it has if it gives me any and fix the clutch rite away and within a month work on the doors to get them fixed. right now the car is a 2000 v6 and its got a little over 100k miles on it...wut u think? should i put around 5g into it 2 get it all fixed or get a whole different car?

Are they going to give it to you?? Or Sell it to you? and if they are.. how much? That'll make a big difference..

Go to KBB to see close estimate on price per year and mileage..

give it 2 me my dad owns it anywayy so its not even my brothers car its my dad so i will be getting it for free just gotta pay 2 fix

That's a lot of $$$ just to fix it up, idk -depending on your financial situation and attachment to the car but I'd say nay.

ok first of all, hows the frame, did the frame get damaged, or just the doors? also get a mechanic to go to the house and check to see whats wrong with the engine, and also get an estimate on the clutch before you jump into this. That clutch can get mighty expensive, plus if its been sitting for 2 years, then more then likely you'll end up replacing some messed up engine parts. Im thinking O2 sensors, coils, plugs, maybe the MAF sensor ect. ect......but first of all you need to get her started to see what else needs replacing.

yeahh rite now we got an estimate on clutch for i think it was 800 my dad said but yeah we are gunna have a body shop look at it be4 we put money into it and if the frame is messed up its goin up for sale if not then we are gunna look into fixing it or not...and yeah thats another reason i posted this was 2 find out the common LS problems it will prob have

thanks guys for all the input 2

I would say no. Not with that kind of miles. But if its free, get it and part it out. Sell the wheels, seats, stereo, engine, ect.. and put that money to a 01 LS V8, wich you could prolly find for 11 or 12 grand. Thats what I would do

Unfortunately an'00 LS MTX is only worth about $5-6k if it's in good shape. Too bad, it's a rare model, only 1200 +- were built for '00 and the entire run of manuals ('00-'02) was only about 2,000.

Members online

No members online now.
Back