How much differance is the K&N filter going to make?

crookshanks

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
How much differance is the K&N filter going to make? This is just the drop in filter I am talking about.

I've heard it makes a difference and people prefer it. Lets more air through I am planning on getting one for my 97 and trying it out i'll get with you on how I like it when I do :shifty:

I put K&N on my dad's Continental about a year ago. When you step on the accelerator it is easy to see the increase in power. I would say - good 5 horses or so. And if I can remember I paid no more than 50 greens for it. If you do it, you'll like it! Cheers

Minimal difference.

But they are reusable and do not really need to be replaced. So factor the cost of replacing filters every 5,000 - 10,000 miles and you can see the cost savings can be worth it alone.

I made the change about 2 weeks ago on a '98. The only difference I saw was a milage improvement from 17,4 mpg to 18,4 in town. There should be some extra horses also (maybe 2?) but it is impossible to tell how much without a dyno.

I was always told that a NEW regular air filter actually flowed better than a K&N, so you get better airflow by changing the filter often.

I put it in my Town Car, not much preformance difference but it make a muscle car noise after I put it in.

So what would give me more power, possibly accel/bosch plug wires and the bosch platnium plugs?

crookshanks said:
So what would give me more power, possibly accel/bosch plug wires and the bosch platnium plugs?

bosch plugs absolutly suck in our contis.use motorcraft only for best results.

I could feel the acceleration geting better after changing the fuel filter! It was difficult to blow throw the old filter after change.

Members online

No members online now.
Back