help with codes

Can't get the link to work, but pretty sure its got a light that will blink a number of times. Then you look up in the book that comes with it, what the number of blinks means. i.e. 3 blinks = this and 2 blinks = that. On my early 90s chevy truck, you could use a paper clip and tester light.

For not much more you could get one with a digital readout and a cable(if yours didn't come with one) so you can sit in the car and use it. Customer reviews are not good with this scanner tool.

All such "simple" code readers does not give any advantage against "paper clip" method. So as I see, you paid money for nothing. Sorry.

well i returned the crap one rented a good one with display and the only codes that came up were 111: system pass and 225: knock sensor not detected. could a knock sensor be the problem?

And what are the other symptoms?
Did You performed all 4 tests (KOEO, KOER, deep memory & balance)?

Deep memory begins right after the KOEO, 6 seconds after, a separate "1", and 6 seconds more - then the codes stored in "deep memory" are outputed by blinks.
Balance test can be started after the KOER codes outputed by pressing and releasing brake pedal. The Codes will be: 1-8 - the number of the wheek cilinder, 9 - pass. Must be run 3 times at least, the wheek cilinder must appear at least 2 times for correct result.
Code 215: Named "ignition system fault" in service manual, but the knock sensor is connected to PCM directly. Check wiring harness at first. It will not be easy, the knock sensors are deep inside the motor.

Members online

No members online now.
Back