!!! Help Wanted !!! How to Remove Stupid Stick-On Air Vents?

FabolingLS8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
First, Id like to point out that i bought the car like this. I am not a fan at all of these. I think that if it didnt come stock on a car, then you shouldnt add them. They truly need to stop selling them at Walmart because i see them everywhere on the most random vehicles. But yeah, anyways,do you guys have any suggestions? Ive included a picture.

03%20ls.jpg

*I really dont want to mess up the paint so whatever steps you recommend please make it the safest possible.It looks like it has double sided tape and that's as far as i know. I think there is some mustard looking glue protruding one of the vents but i dont see it on anything else.

good call wanting to take them off. but be honest, it was you that put them on, right?

just joking. id say try heating it up and see if that will loosen the glue.

Just like removing any badge from a car. Hair dryer on hot and a string of dental floss, just make sure the badge is hot to the touch and keep the heat on it while gently gliding the floss along the seam.

How long ago did you buy the car? Tell the stealership to take that :q:q:q:q off!

If you've been roooling around sporting them for awhile, do as instructed above :)

oh... i said a bad word !

Local detail shops here have a "label remover" that will make pinstripes and badges and other such items fall off and allow the residue to be wiped away without damaging the clearcoat or anything else, no tools or special procedures required. Spray it, let it set a few minutes, if it hasn't fell off, spray it again and let it set a few minutes longer. Wipe the residue away after it's soaked through all the glue and fell off.

Or, just buy the 3M adhesive cleaner. You can get it at an auto parts store. It's probably the mystery "label remover" you are speaking of.

Members online

No members online now.
Back