help w/this bushing

92spi

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
can someone tell me what this bushing fits? it is stamped w/what appears to be a ford part number as follows: 3W4Z5482-AA. it was purchased from an aftermarket parts outlet. or maybe tell me where I might find some information about it. thank you.

sway bar bushing. reference #11 on the below pic.

$_57.jpg

can someone tell me what this bushing fits? it is stamped w/what appears to be a ford part number as follows: 3W4Z5482-AA. it was purchased from an aftermarket parts outlet. or maybe tell me where I might find some information about it. thank you.

No picture of the bushing, so, we'll teach you how to fish:

If you Google the P/N you'll find several hits that this number refers to a front stabilizer and suspension items.

Then you can use the link (hidden within this forum) http://deneau.info/ls/ which is the 2006 LS shop manual.
When you get to the website, select 2: Chassis, 04: Suspension, Front Suspension, Stabilizer Bar. In the table you'll see item 13, part number 5482 refers to the stabilizer bar and bushing assembly.

I suggest that we add a Sticky that just contains the link(s) to the various years Shop Manuals available. The link I provided above it to the 2006 Shop Manual.

well, I was attempting to grasp at unobtanium. looking for sway bar bushings for a non-sport 2000 v-8 ls. put the energy suspension 'skinny' bushings on several months back and as we all know, they are unsatisfying, to be sure. these new bushings match the oem for the most part, but appear to be for a 30mm diameter bar; alas, mine is somewhat smaller. I hate saying that.

... http://deneau.info/ls/ which is the 2006 LS shop manual.
...The link I provided above it to the 2006 Shop Manual.

Actually covers the entire 2nd GEN LS'es, good from 2003 upwards.
1st GEN LS'es (00-02) workshop manual is not available online as of yet.

@92spi
The 1st GEN swaybar "bushings" stand-alone are no longer available, they'll try and sell you a 2nd GEN entire swaybar where the bushings are molded on.

Someone on here did try the JAGUAR 30mm bushing on a non-sport and reported back that it went on nice and tight, can't remember who it was, would be good to get an update on that. 28mm vs 30mm is rather a small variance, I recall when mine went on my 30m Sports model it tightened down hard, you might have some luck with it even though the non-sport calls for a 28mm. Up to you of course!

I just changed my sway bar bushings last weekend. The P/S bushing sucked! Maybe it was just me.

" P/S bushing", which is this one?

Actually covers the entire 2nd GEN LS'es, good from 2003 upwards.
1st GEN LS'es (00-02) workshop manual is not available online as of yet.

@92spi
The 1st GEN swaybar "bushings" stand-alone are no longer available, they'll try and sell you a 2nd GEN entire swaybar where the bushings are molded on.

Someone on here did try the JAGUAR 30mm bushing on a non-sport and reported back that it went on nice and tight, can't remember who it was, would be good to get an update on that. 28mm vs 30mm is rather a small variance, I recall when mine went on my 30m Sports model it tightened down hard, you might have some luck with it even though the non-sport calls for a 28mm. Up to you of course!

they are supposed to be "getting w/their tech team and back to me" , or some such jargon; as they are advertised as "2000-2006 Lincoln LS front sway bar bushings for V-8 3.9l models pair (excluding sport suspension)". 'bout 31 bucks. pic looks just like my worn oem bushings in all other dimensions. didn't try to sell me the bar w/bonded bushings. you understand my interest. may still try your suggestion. now, where did I put that old roll of friction tape?......

Yeah, sorry, I can't recall who it was on here that took my advise on the JAGUAR bushings and put them on a 28mm bar, said it was just fine, tightened down good.

Wish they would speak up, not sure who it was, not too long ago either.

Posts with Jaguar bushings:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...nt-and-rear-bushings&highlight=jaguar+bushing

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?90673-Sway-Bar-Bushings-00-LS-V6-Non-Sport

These are just a couple of threads. There are quite a lot more links within these threads that refer to 27mm, 28mm and 30mm bushings.

I just entered jaguar bushings in the forum search engine.

Googling "V6 sway bar bushings site:http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/"
https://www.google.com/search?btnG=...:http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/&gws_rd=ssl
will show quite a number of hits from our forum.

There you go, in your first link, looks like it was member nastynaters that put those on with success even though his swaybar diameter was not 30mm Sport model.

All those different diameter on the LS sport non sport, confuses me, I just know mine needs 30mm. <shrugs> Anyhow best of luck, not that bad of a job, little hard to reach one of the back bolts near the DCCV but very doable.

There you go, in your first link, looks like it was member nastynaters that put those on with success even though his swaybar diameter was not 30mm Sport model.

I've got the v6 sport, which I thought was 32mm? Anyway, they fit nice and tight. And yes, too many damn diameters.

the new bushings I have in hand are NOT the jaguar/rein bushings. they are made in Taiwan and come from a company in Massachusetts. but are pretty much identical to the jag ones. i'll probably try to fit them and see how they act. worst case, the ES ones can go back on and i'll thump around until I find something better. guess it could be timing chain tensioners...-do the jag ones have metal in them like the oem, 'cuz these DON'T?!?

"timing chain tensioners", metal in them like OEM?
What does that have to do with a rubber bushing for a swaybar?

252849242_373d779ccd.jpg

funny pic-it was an afterthought about the bushings...wondering if the jag/rein bushings had a metal sleeve in them like the oem bushings. I could be having worse troubles, such as timing chain tensioners.

ah!, no a bushing for a sway bar in this case would not have any metal in it, only metal would be the hardware, brackets and swaybar itself.

thank you, sir. most I've seen are not 'metalastic', either. but the oem ones definitely were on this car.:D

oh you are talking about cloaked in woven metallic particles within the rubber, OK got ya now, think I might have seen something like that on my old ones I took out, can't recall 100%, very possible. I tend to throw old parts over my shoulder as apposed to putting them under a microscope and make worries over nothing. (although I kept my old DCCV as a battle trophy!)

As if I didn't get that! Fme! thought it was a brand you were referring to.

Just so everyone knows:

The BASE FRONT STABILIZER BAR, LS6, 29.5MM
The BASE STABILIZER BAR, LS8, 28MM
The SPORT FRONT STABILIZER BAR, LS6, 32MM
The SPORT FRONT STABILIZER BAR, LS8, 31MM

to the forefront once again w/this tired old thread. the technical team from the auto parts company has informed me the make and model I own has 4 different size sway bars, depending on engine and suspension. apparently their bushing is for the 29.5 mm bar, and I own the 28 mm bar. they have made corrections to the catalog page, (corresponding increase in price, I might add), but more importantly, have refunded me purchase price w/no need to return the part. use or discard as I see fit. ymmm... could this part be used as is, or possibly 'cut down' along the bar axis to fit more precisely? this would be a no cost attempt; just involved labor. the ES bushings have been clunking for most of a year now. what say ye? I believe I could make them fit fairly tightly.:shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back